PDA

View Full Version : VueXStream & Lightwave

tomtm
03-03-2007, 03:02 AM
Hi, I own Vue 5 Infinite and thinking to upgrade to Xstream.
In the final release, is it more stable together with LW 9?

Or is it just crashing and frustrating?

Greets Tom

PerfectLine
03-07-2007, 09:01 AM
I just purchased vue6 xstream and have played with it for about 2 days.

I also had vue infinite but never really used it much.

The xstream plug in really makes the integration work nicely.

I tried it under lw9 and the latest lw9.2 beta and it is stable under both.

I really like how I can make changes to the camera in lw or vue and the other program syncs up. I was really surprised how LW layout openGL shows the vue6 elements right inside lightwave. No more adjusting elements and trying to line them up using locaters.

Watch the video on the bottom left showing vue5 xstream in Lightwave.

http://resources.advancedperceptions.net/Tutorials/Vue/

It is exactly the same for vue6 and lw9.2. Works great.

Although I have crashed it once I was also running alot of stuff at the same time. When I just ran vue6 inside Lightwave it was really smooth even when I had hundreds of trees, terrain and clouds. Running on a dual opteron 285 system (4 cores in all).

IvanB
03-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Hi people,

I was a bit hesadant to reply to this thread..I have been using xStream with LW 9 for a bit now and can say I love it, and I agree with PerfectLine, (i think thats my video link) done with vue 5, pretty much the same in 6. HOWEVER there are a few little bugs, Possibly something to do with the updates..Things like crashing when saving LW scene with vue scene incorperated (didnt happen with pre-release). Dont want to scare you, but generally, its awsome! Little things like that can and will happen time to time..depends what your doing.

(I had camera matched from syntheyes in Lightwave with vue xstream plants and lightwave objects video footage in BG...going pretty full on, when stuff went a bit wrong (crash on save) so it depends on what your doing).

Other than that, the scene was coming along well in terms of app preformance the results were good. One other thing to consider, if your using LW's camera (for matched camera from Matchmover or syntheyes) is the vue camera will NOT match with LW camera, in terms of focal lengths etc. The better option is to match the vue camera with matcmover file and work with vue camera in LW. (hope that made sense).

little things like that..

For stills or general animations...painting trees, making paths, spectral atmospheres, shadows from vue interacting with LW objects, and using them with animated LW objects..It seriously ROCKS!!

Ivan.

CGTalk Moderation
03-07-2007, 11:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.