PDA

View Full Version : Head Modeling Concepts

palante
03-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Hi veteran guys... i have some questions about head modeling.. and if one of yours have time.. please can you write here to me?? I think my question its the same of a lot people..

I tryng to understood the head topology and concept.. but when i search all i can get its tutorials..mans tutorials its easy and u dont learn with them... its a cake
prescription and with that u cant memorize or thing with you way...

Mans someone have a text or site with concept ,as to think to make as to understand the head human being and the body

(Sorry for my bad english )

Waiting for reply !!

GatorNic
03-02-2007, 02:55 AM
the concept is in the tutorials....step back from them, don't just trudge through them just to complete it. Take a look at what they are doing. What method are they using? What is their edge flow like?

With that being said..here are a couple I could think of that are more concept than modeling tuts

http://www.suchyworks.com/tutorial/index.html - older but still good Tut by Rich Suchy http://www.3dm3.com/tutorials/maya/character/ - another one with some edge loop discussion and methods finding them.

hope those are of use

ridix
03-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Basic facial mesh flow has to do with animation. You know, blinking, talking, moving eyebrow and all that.

newellteapot
03-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Hi! i know what you mean, in the tutorials there's the process but you need to understand the inner structure of what you are modeling. I advise you with all my heart to start drawing humans, drawing is the best way, it pays off, believe me. 10 minutes a day is good enough to grasp the basic concepts of how people, animals, etc are built. Just get hold of any manual for artists you can find that focuses on the human figure. You don't need to become an artist with the pencil, just have fun. These manuals normally explain you the proportions of the body, the reciprocal relations etc. Also a little bit of descriptive anatomy for artists doesn't hurt.

Good luck with it!

palante
03-04-2007, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the replys hey guy thanks to the tutorials, very usefull..And Monica, thanks for all your advices i have one more aswer about you post... Name of goods books ?? You have? to say to help me ???

Thanks so much all !!

newellteapot
03-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the replys hey guy thanks to the tutorials, very usefull..And Monica, thanks for all your advices i have one more aswer about you post... Name of goods books ?? You have? to say to help me ???

Thanks so much all !!

Hi!
I recommend "Drawing on the right side of the brain" for teh drawing in general and "Artistic Anatomy" by Richer (both cheap).
;)

CGTalk Moderation
03-06-2007, 10:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.