PDA

View Full Version : Viewport texture interpolation question...

NRG-Alpha
03-01-2007, 10:24 PM
I was wondering if there was a setting somewhere to set the texture displays on meshes in the viewport via some form of interpolation setting? As it stands now, textures appear smooth (which is only natural).

However, coming from the 3DS Max camp, there is an option to remove any viewport texture interoplation. This is great for when unwrapping meshes. Seeing how you see the exact unblurred pixels of the texture on your mesh, you can scale the UVs until the pixel ratios are perfectly square. In XSI's texture editor, such an option does exist (under View>Interpolate Image').

But it would be nice if such a feature exists in the viewport camera settings as well (none that I can find. I even hit trusty 'ol F1, and looked up anything regarding 'interpolation' and couldn't find what I was looking for).

Cheers,

NRG

AnIm
03-02-2007, 02:02 PM
each Image Clip has Interpolation settings in Texturing tab

NRG-Alpha
03-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Thanks Anim.. At first I was wondering.. 'what texture tab?' . It was under clip>properties, and as you mentioned, in the texture tab from there. Once again, thanks! Much appreciated.

Cheers,

NRG

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2007, 05:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.