PDA

View Full Version : Recreating kh2 sand particle effect in 3ds max.

fox-blood
03-01-2007, 06:15 PM
If any of you have ever sen the intro to the kngdom hearts intro you may remember the part where sora is sitting on the tree next to kairi and all of a sudden kairi, riku and the whole world around him just blows away as if it were sand in the wind. I know this involves polygons and particles, but I dont know how to recreate it.

Now I've never worked with particles before and I just switched from maya to max and I dont really expect to use this any time soon however if anyone can tell me how to recreate this effect in 3ds max it would be very appreciated as I intend for it to be part of an animation i've been planning for a while.

Dont tell me to learn particles first though cuz I'm already aware that I cant just jump into it and even if I dont understand you explanation this time by the time i'm done with my videos on particle effects it wont be a problem.

I would have waited until I finished my videos before asking, but lately I've been stacked up with so much make up work I wont have much more than 45 minutes for them each day and I'd like to get this out of the way so it wont slow m down when I finally do have enough free time to start the project.

CapitanRed
03-15-2007, 10:52 AM
search for dispersion and go to www.allanmckay.com (http://www.allanmckay.com), and watch the dispersion tutorial.

fox-blood
03-15-2007, 06:22 PM
Thanks man you saved my skin.

Ger22
03-16-2007, 10:43 AM
Here's the link to a really good disprersal tutorial.

www.tutorialized.com/tutorial/Video-Tutorial-Particle-Dispersion/11897

Hope it helps

Cheers

fox-blood
03-17-2007, 06:06 PM
THATS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR! Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou!

CGTalk Moderation
03-17-2007, 06:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.