PDA

View Full Version : is there a way to have eyes follow if ur done rigging already?

noobie
03-01-2007, 04:40 PM
well i rigged and painted the weights on my character but i realized i made the eye sockets too big so i wanted to throw in some eyelids and well the set of eyes i already had parented to the head doesnt allow me to modify it so i created a new sphere and created two eyelids then used set driven keys to create a simple control to control both the top and bottom lids but now when i rotate the head the eyes dont follow i tried doing a parent contraint of the eyes with the head rotation control but it wasnt allowed lol..tried again with the bones but that doesnt seem to work either... was wondering if you guys knew a way i can.. somehow get the eyes to follow the head whenever i rotate it and stay aligned with the head when other parts are moving....(this is what i get for not planning ahead for these things)

lostlittleboy
03-01-2007, 04:49 PM
It sounds like a easy problem to solve, but without seeing the hierarchy its difficult to give you a specific fix.

Can you post an more detailed description of the heirarchy? Or better yet a link to the file thats giving you problems?

noobie
03-01-2007, 07:11 PM
heres a link to my maya 8 file this is just the body and head rigged and weighted(not so good but im still learning!) but the eyes.. i dont know how to make it follow the head because i didnt parent it before i created the rig

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K1F7MNN0

lostlittleboy
03-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the link. :thumbsup:

- parent the eyes (or the eye groups) to "blah_JT_DRV_neck_Tip". This will keep the eyes attached to the head as the character moves around.

- parent the eye controllers to "blah_JT_DRV_neck_Tip" also. This will keep the character looking wherever the head is pointing.

I hope these are the answers you're looking for! :D

noobie
03-01-2007, 08:14 PM
thank you!!! will test it and get back to you in a sec :D

:EDIT:

AWESOME THANKS SO MUCH! although.... i feel really stupid now cause i was just using the wrong command lol..

lostlittleboy
03-01-2007, 08:23 PM
lol, don't worry about it, we've all been there!:shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2007, 08:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.