PDA

View Full Version : IK leg not updating

lostlittleboy
03-01-2007, 04:21 PM
This one has me totally stumped.

I've setup an IK leg & foot following a tutorial in the "Inspired 3D Character Setup" book. But things don't work as they should; When moving the hip ctrl box, the joints of the leg will only update/follow the IK handle positions when the foot control objects or the timeslider is tweaked. Even stranger is that this IK update problem only appears on my PC. My first instinct is that I've turned a pref setting off/on, but I'm using a completely clean (ie default) installation of Maya 8.5. Any ideas?...

nilslerin
03-02-2007, 12:38 AM
Hi.

I'm not sure I understand your problem so this might sound really stupid but make sure sticky is enabled on your ikhandles.

lostlittleboy
03-02-2007, 09:13 AM
it doesn't sound stupid, I didn't exactly give muich info. :D

Sticky isn't enabled, but its not that because on 99.9% of other Maya installs the IK behaves as you'd expect it to. Of course, enabling sticky does force the setup to behave appropriately. Check out the link....

http://www.mathewwaddilove.com/threads/IK_leg_test.mb

nilslerin
03-02-2007, 03:55 PM
I'd like to take a look but I don't have 8.5 installed yet. Think you could post it as Maya ASCII (.ma) and disable all non-standard plug-ins so the scene doesn't require the shave plug etc.

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2007, 03:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.