View Full Version : laptob 3DMAX

Aljoker
03-01-2003, 08:53 AM
hi everybody ,, i have a TOSHIBA laptop with :

mobile intel P4 2.0 GHZ
512 DDRAM
60 GB
GeForce nivida 64 MB

can i use 3DMAX in this laptob for modelling and simple animations ??

singularity2006
03-01-2003, 09:07 AM
it will run it, but not to the best of its ability. You will be slowed down by the following factors:

slow hard drive
inadequate video mem.

but overall, u should still be able to do at least something decent.

DKnight
03-01-2003, 10:24 AM
HI,

i didn`t noticed any performance differences between my Athlon 750 Desktop and my HP Omnibook P4 750 MHZ shared Memory .

Only when trying Maya my Omnibook gets some serious display errors :-(

Signal2Noise
03-01-2003, 05:20 PM
I would recommend that if you have a desktop PC with good hardware components then for intensive heavy renderings transfer the max files from the laptop to that to do the work.

Btw, did you have a cold when spelling laptop? "Laptob' makes it sound like you have a cold or something.;)

Marc Andreoli
03-01-2003, 08:17 PM
I am running 3DSmax on a 600mhz PIII (desktop) with a 32mb geforce2 mx...

It runs well for my needs, no display errors or crashes. Compared to todays standards, this system is crap. But compared to two years ago, it is pretty nice. And people already managed to do some quality work two years ago...;)

Your laptop is going to be much faster than my current main computer, I am jealous...:D

elvis
03-02-2003, 12:08 PM
remember folks that modern day laptops are much different to their desktop counterparts. they use low-power chips and video cards to increase battery life and reduce heat, and the end result is a slower and less powerful system than a desktop equivalent.

laptops were designed for executives on the road to check their emails. soon they became powerful and fast, which was nice for more power-hungry users, but they are still nothing compared to an equally specced desktop.

in general, i tell my users/clients to stay away from laptops unless they are an absolute MUST. for the same price as a laptop, you can generally get yourself a much higher specced desktop which will perform even better.

just my 2c on the whole laptop saga. search the forums and you'll find similar answers to all the other "which laptop is best" questions.

Aljoker
03-02-2003, 02:47 PM
thanks guys for all your comments ..
i bought my laptop just for the college. then i notse maybe i can use it for MAX.

thanks again .

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.