PDA

View Full Version : Mongolian Outpost

SamsonsReaper
02-28-2007, 01:33 PM
new matte i have beeen working on. Any suggestions on what more to be done, objects to add, adjust etc etc, thx for the help

worked 7h on it sofar...

http://www.leventep.com/Matte/Matte_P/Mongolian-Outpost.jpg

DanielWray
03-05-2007, 04:05 PM
Hey i really like this peice :)

Firstly im just getting into matte painting and painting in general, so my thoughts crits might sound daft, be here goes;

The building on the left seems quite bright, maybe if it were a tad darker, and maybe a few overgrown vines etc. but that depends on what your going for.

Also i think having maybe 1 or 2 ships coming down the river towards the outpost, or a shipwreck on one of the wrecks, just think it would look cool!

Thats pretty the only suggestions i have, everything looks sound :thumbsup:

Also how did you make this, when you matte paint, do you use parts of photos or is it all painted by hand?

looking forward to updates :)

JJASSO
03-07-2007, 12:06 AM
great image , here are some point you can think about
some kind of rock or foreground element would look awesome and would give a lot of depth to the image
I think some highlights on the water would look nice and would make the water looks more dynamic and live

more of those spiky rocks to the left middle and back ground will help to make it more unusual to the viewer , more interesting place to see and study

yellowdog
03-14-2007, 12:52 AM
cool image !
I think you need a bit more bounce light from the sky to help incorporate all the elements together. You also need to add some more atmospheric perspective to help with your image's impression of distance and scale. You could also mimic the impression a filmed plate does due to exposure and lens where the image is lighter near the sun and becomes darker near the edges.

my 2 cents,
great work !! keep 'em coming ! :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-14-2007, 12:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.