PDA

View Full Version : Editing UVmaps bug ?

toonafish
02-28-2007, 11:27 AM
I've been trying to edit my UVmap and for half an hour and I thought I must be doing something wrong because I did not see any difference, no matter what I changed in the texture projection settings, it did not change a thing to my texture in the render region or preview.

I can activate and deactivate wrapping, change the scaling, rotation...nothing...no difference.

But I just found out I have to scrub the timeline to force xsi to refresh and see my changes.

Is it me or is this another 6.0 bug ??

toonafish
03-01-2007, 08:29 AM
hmm, weird. I tried it on a different machine with the same result.

I suppose nobody else uses UVmaps in XSI then ;-)

DougNicola
03-01-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm not seeing this behavior in v6. I can make changes in either the texture projection def or the the texture editor and get instant updates in a textured view or render region. Or change the support or whatever... all give immediate feedback. Edit: also changing the texture image gives immediate feedback.

~Doug

mocaw
03-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Are you sure you only have one UV set? Is it different at render time? Have you tried freezing it? Sorry, these are obvious, but this is my checklist.

toonafish
03-01-2007, 09:55 PM
thanks guys.

what I was trying to do is move a part of the UV's out of the 0-1 UV range and not see a texture.

here's what I do.

-create a sphere primitive
-create a spherical UV texture map
-freeze the object
-apply a texture to the color channel and assign it to the UVmap
-open the texure editor
-select some UV's and move them outside the 0-1 UV range with Tearing and Bleeding active
-open Texture the projection panel and disable Wrapping

now here's where things start to get fishy.

at first I don't see anything change even though the texture should disappear from the UV's that are outside the 0-1 UV range.

Then it only disappears when I move the UV's above the 0-1 UV range.

Then, when I toggle the Alternate UV settings in the Advanced Tab of the Image Projection Panel the texture disappears completely outside the 0-1 UV range as it should.

And when I move the UV Island that's outside the 0-1 UV range around it's changing every time. Suddenly the Texture is visble again no matter where I move the UV's, then again the texture is only visible to the left or right of the 0-1 UV range.

To get what I want I have to toggle the Alternate UV settings, but that doesn't work every time. Sometimes I have to fiddle around for a few minutes with some settings to "wake up" XSI.

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2007, 09:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.