PDA

View Full Version : HARDCORE MODELING!: Ray Harryhausen Tribute: Bubo

lmancg
02-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Hi guys, I've never done a hardcore modeling challenge before but after seeing that it was a tribute to Ray Harryhausen I was inspired and decided to give it a shot. I grew up with those movies, but as a kid I only had Clash of the Titans on VHS so the character I chose is Bubo. I'm not the greatest or fastest modeler (like a lot of you guys), but I'm trying to improve. Attached is a WIP render of my Bubo model. Notice he still needs some work. I intend to make the deadline (is it 12 midnight, or 12 noon tomorrow)? Unfortunately I also have another deadline to meet at work tomorrow so I'm going to work on this a little bit more tonight then submit him. I won't be able to work on his wings or flesh out his back (notice I used a bump map). Comments and crits welcome since I plan to revisit this model in the future. I've posted Bubo screencaps in the reference thread. Anyways, here are the attached renders.

RobertoOrtiz
02-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Welcome ot the fold!
I like your model, but I would work more on its shading.

BTW you have about 24 hours, to post a Final entry!
Good Luck.

-R

lmancg
02-28-2007, 08:13 PM
So here's my update... not much change in modeling, but worked on the shading last night/early morning.

CGTalk Moderation
02-28-2007, 08:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.