PDA

View Full Version : Object lagging behind - frameCache

goosh
03-01-2003, 01:01 AM
Hi all

Ok.. here is my little problem.. I've been working at this over and over and it doesn't work.. except for once when it did and I was doing exactly the same thing.. so I can't figure it out.

I have joints:
joint1->joint2->joint3->joint4

I want to rotate in Z joint 1 and joint 2 and 3 to lag behind by 4 frames and 10 frames respectivelly (of joint 1)

I created a frameCache node connected the joint1.rz to the Stream and the connected the past[4] of the frameCache to the joint2.rz and same with past[10] to joint3.rz

And it doesn't work!! :(

It's not copying the values across.... it keeps them between 0 and 1..

I also found that when I try to animate joint1.rz (after I connected everything) it doesn't let me move it.. it wants to go back to 0..

Any ideas?

Oh.. the only time when it did work.. when I moved the function curves around, then everything went crazy again :(

help :hmm:

Thanks

Goosh

olivier georges
03-01-2003, 10:08 PM
hi goosh, i have never used frameCache node, but you can have the same result with this method :

create seven joints
Now add an attribute to joint1 called offset
and slect joint2 and create this expression:

$offset = joint1.offset;
joint2.rotateZ = `getAttr -t (frame - $offset * 2) joint1.rotateZ`;
joint3.rotateZ = `getAttr -t (frame - $offset * 4) joint1.rotateZ`;
joint4.rotateZ = `getAttr -t (frame - $offset * 6) joint1.rotateZ`;
joint5.rotateZ = `getAttr -t (frame - $offset * 8) joint1.rotateZ`;
joint6.rotateZ = `getAttr -t (frame - $offset * 10) joint1.rotateZ`;

now you can control the lag of your joints with the offset attribut

;)

Olivier Georges.

jschleifer
03-02-2003, 08:47 PM
Heya goosh,

strange.. this used to work, but now it's a bug!

agghh!!!

I'm logging it to the alias|wavefront web site right now.

poop on a stick! :)
-jason

ACFred
03-03-2003, 08:41 AM
If you guys come up with a node-based alternative to the now broken frameCache, please post it here. I'm hunting high & low and will let you know if I figure it out soon.

Alec

goosh
03-03-2003, 08:51 AM
Hey Jason

Oh.. it's good to know that it's broken... I was getting pretty frustrated with it.. 'cause I knew it should work..

What threw me off was that I actually managed to do it once doing the same thing over and over.. and then I couldn't replicate it anymore.. it drove me crazy!

Pitty it doesn't work though :( it would have been helpful in what I'm working on right now :(

Like ACFred said.. if anybody finds a way to do it, let us know

Goosh

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.