PDA

View Full Version : Project Overlord Public Beta release happening soon

studiomaxer3d
02-25-2007, 01:01 PM
We are pleased to announce that shortly we will be releasing a Public Beta version of Project Overlord, our flagship application for Asset and Project Management. The application is designed with small to midsized CG studios in mind.

We have prepared a quick video briefly showing a few of Project Overlord's features. We are eager to have as many Beta Testers as possible so that we can meet your needs even further.

Please stop by our under construction website (http://www.massrender.com/) and fill out a Beta Application if you are interested.

For the sake of time, a lot of things were not covered in the video, feel free to post any questions in this thread.

****VIEW VIDEO (http://www.justinneri.com/projo/vids/publicdemo/popublicdemo.html)****

SFDD
02-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Hey Justin:

This looks very interesting! What I wasn't clear on after viewing the video is which asset types are supported. For example, you have a preview area, but what do I see in there if I double click on a .3ds model or a Maya scene?

Also, do you have any sort of user-to-user communications to alert someome when, for example, they have been assigned a new task?

And, finally, do you have any plans to integrate your "back end" with something like Canto Cumulus or another DAM system that provides a bit more control than just a file server? It seems like Project Overload would be a nice CG-based front end to some of those systems.

Nice work!

studiomaxer3d
02-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Question: This looks very interesting! What I wasn't clear on after viewing the video is which asset types are supported. For example, you have a preview area, but what do I see in there if I double click on a .3ds model or a Maya scene?

Answer : Currently scene files will not display in the preview area. Most popular image files will, txt files, and videos files, etc. We will be adding support for scene files in the near future, but as you can imagine this is a big task. If a studio is using the software and there is something they would really love to have preview, we will do our best to get that working for them. If the file won't preview directly in the program, you have to freedom of defining an application to open the file type with, or you can use your default associated application.

QUESTION: Also, do you have any sort of user-to-user communications to alert someome when, for example, they have been assigned a new task?

ANSWER: Yes. To start there is integrated mail. You are alerted when you have new mail. You are also alerted when you get a new task assigned to you. In windows a balloon popup will pop up in the task tray telling you who assigned you what. Administrators can also send popup messages or balloon messages to all connected users or one at a time via the server administrator.

QUESTION:And, finally, do you have any plans to integrate your "back end" with something like Canto Cumulus or another DAM system that provides a bit more control than just a file server? It seems like Project Overload would be a nice CG-based front end to some of those systems.

ANSWER: In short, No.

studiomaxer3d
03-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Does anyone have any questions, concerns, statements of discust about the program? We have a version available for Beta Testing right now. It will be getting weekly (sometimes daily) updates.

In order to BETA test you need to sign an NDA. I think some people are frightened by this. Don't be, our NDA is warm and fuzzy, it's nothing to fear. If for some reason you don't get a confirmation window when you apply on the site, please send me an email and let me know (or try again in a few minutes).

studiomaxer3d
04-07-2007, 12:55 AM
The new domain is
http://www.give-soft.com (http://www.give-soft.com/)

CGTalk Moderation
04-07-2007, 12:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.