PDA

View Full Version : cat in process ----photoshop

dim5um
03-29-2002, 06:16 AM
oooo k babies...... after painting the female portrait.....my earlier thread... decided to move on..... ok the 2nd painting in my life.....on photoshop....yes photoshop...love it...would like to try painter though...hmmm and maybe someday i will try and do some hand paint stuff

ok the first phrase...... crtics welcomed..... enjoyed the critics from the female portrait....although only a few contributed......well anyway...im still working on this cat =] and after this i might try a car or matte painting....something like that.......

here goes.... =]

Korgath
03-29-2002, 07:04 PM
Nice start :)

dim5um
03-31-2002, 03:32 PM
ok the painting is done....open for comments and critics.....dun think i will post anymore paintings..... at least for now........ well other that critics i would also liked to hear some comments of characters or layout design you guys would like to see. the theme i was looking for was knights.... gothic ones or cartoony ones... anyone has any ideas or comments or things they had wished to see...... im doing some of my personal stuffs and would really like to hear the comments of everyone

Norante
04-01-2002, 04:59 PM
Very good work odin

But I would like to see more depht of field there.. the background is still a bit mixed up with the cat at foreground.

Maybe a bit more of a furry cat too?

Anyway, very nice work

burgundyelf
04-03-2002, 12:43 AM
I agree with Norante. The kitty seems lost... perhaps more detail in the face...hairs and such? Perhaps more depth in the teeth?

Though....I love what you've done. It catches the essence of my cat when I don't give her her daily allotment of tuna. Rotten kitty!:p

dtek8
04-03-2002, 05:17 PM
hay nice work odin!!:)

do u use the doge burn tools in PS??

i agree with the others,, i think u need to take it further,,, :)

dtek

dim5um
04-03-2002, 11:55 PM
wow thanks for the comments Norante,burgundyelf and dtek8

yup need to work on depth and also the colors
some things to share to you guys that i got some of the critics.... theres alot of floors in this work after much relecting on it with some great people who is willing to go all way to critic it with much knowledge of painting... heheh got to show this work to my lecture and got some real feedbacks

the biggest problem is layout...i should have crop the pic

the second is the detail..... this piece of work is not really finished... so called to the extend that i didnt work more on the detials of the body....[ ahh see... thats my fault...a bad artist...]

other than this.... the black patch by the back of the kitty's head is supposed to be the patch of the hair....although it looks ok on my screen,..... i didnt worked out well on other pc..... not to even say my school.... shouldnt haven darken so much of the hair......it looks like a missing patch with the bg

very bad on the teeth....yup should have worked more on it.....over all i really missed lost of the details my lecture picked on...and i really dun think she is bone picking........or so to say nitpicking [whatever the term]

well this is what i wanted to share out with.....been busy doing some of my own character designs and comping much of my school work....im doing another female painting.....hoped to post it up soon..... dun feel like posting the initial phrases....[dun really get comments on them] hehhehe

=]

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.