PDA

View Full Version : camera mapping- your technique?

Joblh
02-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Hey guys, I was wondering what your technique is when doing camera mapping,

-do you first start in 3D and than paint over it in photoshop or vicaversa?

-how do you merge two camera projection patches together? (with the transparancy map of the patch? )

thanks in advance :)

JJASSO
02-25-2007, 11:29 PM
well I first do the rough 3D modelling and later paint over it, in photoshop, I use 3ds max qwith camera per pixel maps and materials that allow me to put several paintings or camera pejections in a single geometry

Joblh
03-01-2007, 07:02 PM
cool, thanks for your reply :) now how would one go about doing that in maya ;)

AnimZiggy
03-02-2007, 11:41 AM
edit: if your question was a joke, simply disregard my advice!!! Just noticed your ;) ;) you got excuse me i just woken up and my eyes are still sleepy :scream:

sorry, but aren't you the one that posted all those camera mapping tutorials in maya?

simply follow any camera mapping tutorial and adjust it to your software.. i strongly recommend chris stoski's dvd its all about that with max...but helped so much so now I can do it in XSI!

RiKToR
03-03-2007, 12:29 AM
Gnomon Camera Projections in Maya.

Joblh
03-03-2007, 12:28 PM
edit: if your question was a joke, simply disregard my advice!!! Just noticed your ;) ;) you got excuse me i just woken up and my eyes are still sleepy :scream:

sorry, but aren't you the one that posted all those camera mapping tutorials in maya?

simply follow any camera mapping tutorial and adjust it to your software.. i strongly recommend chris stoski's dvd its all about that with max...but helped so much so now I can do it in XSI!
none of the tutorials I mentioned does more than one camera projection on an object. And Chris's dvd also stayed with one camera :)

[edit] this thread sums up pretty much what I needed to know
http://www.mattepainting.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1284&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=patch&start=0

AnimZiggy
03-03-2007, 02:24 PM
wow this thread is gold, thanks... i m a big fun o hatch's work!!!

again i comletely missread your first thread...doh...never before coffee again!!

Joblh
03-03-2007, 04:27 PM
no prob ;)

CGTalk Moderation
03-03-2007, 04:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.