PDA

View Full Version : fields and plasma screens

seedo
02-25-2007, 10:06 AM
hello:

i render my work as d1 pal upper field, i output it on a plasma screen, i noticed that the animations are not smooth irf i have a camera paning i c chacking of flickering, is that because of the fields, i think plasma screens doesnt use fields but its a progresiv scan, so how i can fix that?

thank u

cryptosporidium
02-27-2007, 04:21 PM
just render it with no fields. on plasma or lcd screens you will allway see scanlines since they dont use it. so if your output is not supposed to be played on CRT screens, render it without fields. also if you need to render with scanlines (for broadcast), be aware of field order. if you have lets say source footage in lower fields mixed with some cgi, and finally you will render it in upper field order, you may notice a quite heavy flickering and unstable picture as you described.

seedo
02-27-2007, 05:42 PM
hello:

thank u man, that was helpfull, we use here pal upper fields, i also forgot to ask that can adbe pemiere output progressiv scan vedio? i saw the setting saying yes but it didnt work good.

thank u

cryptosporidium
02-27-2007, 09:17 PM
i rarely work with premiere, but im pretty sure its able to output progressive video. but of course it depends on what do you have on input. if you put in interlaced source and tell him to give you progressive output, you will not get very good quality bcs premiere will deinterlace it and thus kinda blur it. Maybe there are sw that can do deinterlace very well and maintain sharp image, but you will have to search.

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2007, 09:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.