PDA

View Full Version : start and end points in combustion pathes!?

seedo
02-24-2007, 09:16 PM
hello:

i saw my friend useing AE he made a path and there is a start and end points so he can animate his path strock ( like 3d strock plugin), does combustion do that i searched but i couldnt find it.

and can i animate my erase tool like its moving along the path?somthing related to masking.

thank u

seedo
03-02-2007, 09:52 AM
hello:

is my question hard!!! or you didnt understand my question?:eek:

lazzhar
03-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Not sure I got what you mean but if you animate something from point A to point B you will get automaticly a curve between them wich is the path. Then you can edit it if you need.
It works on anything you put in your composition including masks of course.

thatoneguy
03-04-2007, 11:52 PM
I think he's asking about animated strokes. Which I do not know how to do in combustion.

cryptosporidium
03-05-2007, 08:12 AM
I think you cant do animated strokes in simple way in comb. You will have to get either some plugin or overcome it using animated masks :-/ Its one of things i really miss in combustion.

seedo
03-05-2007, 10:17 AM
helloooooooooo guys:
dont worry i got a nice easy solution, its 3dstrock from trapcode a very nice powerfull plugin and easy to use

http://www.trapcode.com/

check the link to c what i made and what i ment

click here (http://sadeed.net/cg_problems/test_cgtalk.mov) right click to save

so tell me what u think

PiXeL_MoNKeY
03-05-2007, 11:36 PM
If that is all you want you can do it with particles as a stencil layer for the final image. If you have Combustion 4 and an Illustrator file it is pretty much automated with expressions. One of these days Ill do a tutorial on doing a write on effect using it.

-Eric

seedo
03-06-2007, 05:18 AM
hello:

that will be so kind of u pixel monckey, i hope u do the tutorial soon

PiXeL_MoNKeY
03-08-2007, 06:29 AM
Here is a simple example of using particles as an Input for Set Matte, I did this instead of Stencil Layer so you can use OpenGL to accelerate the playback. For a perfect sample you would have a Illustator or Combustion created path then using Expressions you can get a pretty automated write on. I have a function that allows you to set the Start Frame and Duration of the expression to control the start and length of the effect. That is what the tutorial should/will cover.

-Eric

CGTalk Moderation
03-08-2007, 06:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.