PDA

View Full Version : Sheldon, Zachary Mallett (3D)

Johnny_Cannuck
02-24-2007, 02:57 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/32636/32636_1172289456_medium.jpg

Title: Sheldon
Name: Zachary Mallett
Software: Maya, mental ray, Photoshop

Client: None Software: Maya Renderer: MentalRay Artist Credits: All elements

The image here was created to illustrate the sense of scale that depth of field can create. The scene is lit using traditional three point lighting - a key, fill and rim lights - as well as a subtle GI effect from an image based light textures by an HDRI image and rendered with final gather using MentalRay. The depth of field effect was created by rendering the image’s Z-depth and then using adjustment layers in Photoshop to blur portions of the original render.

joshmaida
02-24-2007, 06:12 PM
The shading and lighting are very good. I like the subject matter as well; it tells the story in a single frame. :)

The depth of field is a bit harsh. Explore using the renderer's DOF capabilities. I know it can kill render time, but the results should be more accurate than replicating it in Photoshop.

Overall, good work. I look forward to seeing another frame in Sheldon's adventures. :thumbsup:

Regards,
Josh

CGTalk Moderation
02-24-2007, 06:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.