PDA

View Full Version : Uregent Help Needed Please, need quick response for inhouse video.

Fede
02-28-2003, 10:13 AM
Hi all

I have work up to my ears and now a 5 min inhouse video has been slaped on me to do this weekend, as if i don't have a life.

Any way, here is a clip that i want you to see in order to understand what i need to do

http://www.pollen.co.za/archive/publikvid.html

You see all those pretty red elements that grow on the walls and stuff? i need to recreate similar effects. Now i don't have time to experiment too much so if anyone has done anything similar i would really appreciate some help. I hope i can do all of this in C* as i don't really want to go in 3d unless i have too, cause i just don't have the time. I can see that i need to do a lot of rotoscoping, key framing masks and paint elements and setting the layer to a dif transfer mode such as overlay or something.

Just need to make sure i'm on the right track thanx all, i'm posting this on other forums too as i really need a quick answer, i will however put up a solution and my clip once i get it.

Later

GrantKay
02-28-2003, 12:50 PM
Hi Fede,

I've actually done something similar in combustion before.

You load your footage into combustion and apply a paint operator to the layer. Set your transer modes from Paint to Colorize. Change the colour from white to red. Now create your finished shape on the image and use masks to animate the red shapes spreading over time.

The key however is the "Colorize" transfer mode in paint. You also need to watch your perspective and try match the angles of the shapes as much as possible since you are not doing this in 3Dsmax.

Good Luck and have a great weekend :beer:

Regards
Grant

Discreet UK

Fede
02-28-2003, 01:38 PM
Hey Grant

Thanx for the input and sorry for letting you type the answer twice, will try it first and then try max and play with the combustion map in there as suggested by another member.

Later

Chris
02-28-2003, 09:11 PM
Give it a go with the 'Multiply' transfer mode as well, that way you should end up with the darkening of the strokes when they double up as in the vid...

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.