PDA

View Full Version : Gnomon: Camera Projection Techniques In maya

Nydendarin
02-23-2007, 03:42 AM
Hey Everyone,
Just curious if anyone has had the opportunity to check out the Gnomon DVD "Camera Projection Techniques in Maya" by Darin Hilton. I'm about to dive head first into a 3D matte painting with camera projections in Maya and need a good reference to go from. The Gnomon DVDs are pretty expensive, but if it's worth it I don't have a problem with shelling out the cash.

The Gnomon DVDs I've seen so far are top notch, and wouldn't expect anything less, just wanted to see if anyone had any insight for me.

Thanks!

RiKToR
03-03-2007, 10:04 AM
If you have Maya and a desire to Camera Project then buy it.

Matellis
03-05-2007, 03:43 AM
Hey Nick if you are serious about doing matte painting I would say buy it. Not that I have seen it , I just watched the sample clip and it looks great. When you think of the price of school and then the price of the dvd it would be well worth it. Just think of it like this " I could go out to the pub one night or get the dvd and improve my matte painting skills!" and you will realize its a small price to pay.

cheers!

Nydendarin
03-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Thanks you two, I appreciate the response.

I'm going to go ahead and buy it, like you said, when you compare it with the cost of other things, it's about what I'd pay for a class textbook, or a handful of other supplies. It looks great though, from the sample.

I'll write up a little review here after I watch it to let you guys know how it turned out.

Rist
03-21-2007, 01:19 PM
My experience with the GNOMON dvd'S thus far has been great. Highly recommended. Although slow at times, Dusso's volume 2 is fantastic, that is just the fundamentals on Matte painting. Sometime in the future I may invest in all the DVD's that I reqiure, just for the joy of learning such masterful techniques.

CGTalk Moderation
03-21-2007, 01:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.