PDA

View Full Version : Motionbuilder Facial Capture Export

tmas73
02-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Ho do I export facial capture data from MB to use in other software package? In my example Cinema 4d. Once I imported the fbx file I have all blend shapes ( Different Heads) but no animation of the face. Sliders are set up to but no animation keyframes for the face.

Thanks

Anssi
02-23-2007, 06:19 AM
Hi,
what format the mocap is in? If it is .c3d take a loot at Actor face.
Anssi

tmas73
02-23-2007, 08:08 PM
I have a cluster animation in MB that is attached to the face, the character is talking fine in MB but once exported I have all the Heads and nulls (of the c3d file) from MB but the nulls are all allinged on 0 cordinates, in MB they float in the space and animate. Please see the attached file. It wont work in Cinema.

Thanks

LINK (http://www.invisiblefilms.com/CGTalk/surfer_face_moving.fbx.zip)

Sammer
02-23-2007, 10:43 PM
Cross posted from the Cinema forum;

Yep Thomas that's it.

In both the character face and actor face panes (where it has the slliders for the face shapes you've set up) there is a button at the top of the pane that says 'plot animation'.

I didn't check to see if for some reason the 'plot all' under the main Animation menu for some reason doesn't plot facial animation. After you use the plot animation in the character face pane click on one of the attributes in the list and you should see key on every frame in the timeline.

Something I did find, and I would be interested if you have the same problem, is that once I plot facial animation and try to open or merge that file into C4D R10 I go into 'spinning beachball of death mode'. If I open the same file in R9.5 it opens quick and as it should. I can then save that file and open it in R10 no problem. I know there've posts about some problems with R10 and fbx I can't remember if that was one (a quick search didn't reveal anything but sometimes that doesn't mean it's not therre)

With that it should work fine for you now. Post back if you have any other problems... and let me know if you have the file opening problem too.

Have fun

Sam

CGTalk Moderation
02-23-2007, 10:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.