PDA

View Full Version : Trees and the sky.

xX_eXiGe_Xx
02-22-2007, 09:02 PM
I hope this is the place where i can improve myself, because i really need some critique :).
I've learned a little bit of colour thoery at school, so here i go but digital style.

Reference:
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6556/greenmy6.jpg

And since i did'nt really get the colours i actually wanted, i just used the eyedropper tool on the reference and put it everwhere on this one below. I wonder if many do that though...

But I'll see how much i can use yellow, green and the green(100%)+red(50%)= wierd dark colour for red and green i guess?

WIP:
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/6162/trd1pm8.jpg

xX_eXiGe_Xx
02-22-2007, 09:11 PM
It feels like i've got a problem seperating the the tree, the leaves and the sky..
I'll create 3 diffrent layers for each of those instead.

xX_eXiGe_Xx
02-23-2007, 02:25 AM
First update.
Atleast i somewhat figured out the most bright part of the wood on this picture, i think it was green+red, and then yellow, then i put alot of white on it.

I did'nt want to use white or black at all on this, because i think i remember my teacher say that. But i could'nt help it, and i think it looks more decent with black and white here and there..

This time it was only the wood/bark/brown-part-of-the-tree. Next time i will go for the leafes, hope you maybe notice something bad so i can change it before the leafing.

Who knows, maybe i even can use a custom brush, but i don't know anything about custom brushes, lol. :shrug:
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/7231/trd3hx0.jpg

xX_eXiGe_Xx
02-23-2007, 11:51 PM
It took me one whole day to make the wood into 1 layer, lol :shrug: .
I finaly finished with the wood, now to the leafes.

xX_eXiGe_Xx
02-24-2007, 02:52 AM
It feels that I'm finished, except that tree to the right corner i forgot to do, or the wood.

So please, now i need help to improve this picture to understad how things work.

victorlammy
02-25-2007, 07:16 PM
It feels that I'm finished, except that tree to the right corner i forgot to do, or the wood.

So please, now i need help to improve this picture to understad how things work.

The trunk is not bad. I think might need more contrast on color between bright side and dark side. If you use warm on bright side (like yellow), some cool (like blue) is good to give more contrast. Have a look at some good oil painting form masters, it will show you some good examples. Pay attention to the way they use colors. Its all about puting the right color in the right place. ;) Sound easy but take long time to learn it.

The other thing is that try treat the leaves as a whole, not a single leave. They are a group of things, if you focus too much on its details at the begining, you can never get the whole tree right. But seems that is not a major issue of yours.

Keep up the good work. :)

xX_eXiGe_Xx
03-01-2007, 04:43 AM
Now i see. So using blue as a cool colour and yellow as a warm is okay! I'll see what i can do when i come back from a trip, because now i'm deticated to painting art untill i start university :).

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2007, 04:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.