PDA

View Full Version : 2 Question .. Plz

Carlosholla
02-22-2007, 11:28 AM
Helo Xsi Community ..

1- How i can know what is render time for 1 Frame in ( Render Region or Preview ) i'am using Xsi 6 .
btw : i know you can know that in sequence render , but i want in 1 frame like maya and max .

2- In 3d max there are manipulation mode call ( Screen ) it's let you translate or rotate the object in screen mode , is there anything like this in xsi .
and what is the different between Global and View mode (i read the ducoment about this but can't figure out the different :sad: )

Thanks in advanced .

Carlosholla
02-23-2007, 11:41 PM
up ....up ....up ....

tuna
02-24-2007, 12:20 AM
Helo Xsi Community ..

1- How i can know what is render time for 1 Frame in ( Render Region or Preview ) i'am using Xsi 6 .
btw : i know you can know that in sequence render , but i want in 1 frame like maya and max .

2- In 3d max there are manipulation mode call ( Screen ) it's let you translate or rotate the object in screen mode , is there anything like this in xsi .
and what is the different between Global and View mode (i read the ducoment about this but can't figure out the different :sad: )

Thanks in advanced .

1) Turn on "information" in the logged messages/diagnostics tab of the rendering options (rr or render)

2) I think the default behavior for screen in XSI is to just bring up the manipulation mode you want and click outside the manipulator. Or click on the yellow part of the manipulator.

misterdi
02-24-2007, 05:38 AM
If it is about translation, I believe the screen mode in MAX is no other than ref mode in XSI where the reference is the camera in that viewport.

Regards,

Carlosholla
02-25-2007, 06:24 AM
1) Turn on "information" in the logged messages/diagnostics tab of the rendering options (rr or render)

it's work thanks .
if you don't know how to find it (you must be a good tomb rider player to find it :) ) really .. render time must appear in preview window .
but anyway .. no big deal .

2) I think the default behavior for screen in XSI is to just bring up the manipulation mode you want and click outside the manipulator. Or click on the yellow part of the manipulator.
no .. what i mean it , like in camera mode , wherever you navigate the camera , the manipulator is stay in front of you . i hope you understnd me .

thank you .

misterdi
02-26-2007, 02:27 AM
Have you try the ref mode?.

Pick the camera as reference object.

kimaldis
02-27-2007, 03:45 PM
no .. what i mean it , like in camera mode , wherever you navigate the camera , the manipulator is stay in front of you . i hope you understnd me .
thank you .

it won't stay immediately in front of you but in XSI 6 the manipulator will always remain in view, even when the selected object is out of frame. Earlier than 6 you're a bit stuffed.

Carlosholla
02-28-2007, 01:42 PM
Thanks guys for reply ..
maybe i did't know how to explain .. so i attached image :

Carlosholla
03-01-2007, 03:48 PM
up ...up...up

bravmm
03-01-2007, 08:13 PM
isn't that view mode in xsi? Also have a look in the preferences, you can assign a different mode of translation when you click outside the manipulators.

and also remember xsi isn't max, you will have to adopt a slightly different workflow as it is a different app. it will make your life and the transition easier.

rob

p.s. what's with the up...up...up..?? I find it very annoying in some way...

grahamef
03-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Listen to misterdi.... Right-click on Ref, then pick the camera (not the camera root) in an explorer.

Other than that, you can set Click Outside Manipulator to SI3D-style Transform in your Tools > Transform preferences. Then in View mode, the middle mouse button moves up/down and the right mouse button moves left/right. Nothing for closer/farther, though.

Carlosholla
03-02-2007, 08:28 PM
isn't that view mode in xsi? Also have a look in the preferences, you can assign a different mode of translation when you click outside the manipulators.

no not view mode , view mode is work the same as the Global mode ( plz anyone tell me what is the different between Global and View mode (i read the ducoment about this but can't figure out the different :sad: )

and also remember xsi isn't max, you will have to adopt a slightly different workflow as it is a different app. it will make your life and the transition easier.

yes man i Know the XSI workflow is far away from max ( I work in xsi about 1 years ) .

Listen to misterdi.... Right-click on Ref, then pick the camera (not the camera root) in an explorer.

Other than that, you can set Click Outside Manipulator to SI3D-style Transform in your Tools > Transform preferences. Then in View mode, the middle mouse button moves up/down and the right mouse button moves left/right. Nothing for closer/farther, though.

I tried this but dosn't work as i want .
----
Ok - thanke you guys for effort .:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2007, 08:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.