PDA

View Full Version : gizmo problem

wybl
02-22-2007, 09:21 AM
Hey CGers, I don't know if this question is appropriate in this forum but my transform gizmo's are acting weird in 3ds max. They don't scale when i zoom in or out. So if i zoom in i have to use the - and + keys to adjust the gizmo size. Does anyone know why this happened? Im sure I hit a wrong shortcut by accident but i don't know which one.

newellteapot
02-22-2007, 11:14 PM
I'd like to help but I think I either haven't understood the question or it's a very freaky problem. can you rephrase pliz? :)

GatorNic
02-26-2007, 02:09 AM
I know what you are describing, but I haven't heard of a shortcut/preference that will do that.

Graphics card issue maybe? You could always save out your preferences and then load the default UI, see if that changes anything first. if not, then try changing your opengl/direct display driver in your preferences.

Might want to try and ask this in the 3ds Max forum directly though, since its more of a UI problem.

Leionaaad
02-26-2007, 01:11 PM
They should scale on zoom? Never scaled for me.

GatorNic
02-26-2007, 10:36 PM
well yeah the handles don't necessarily scale they just maintain there size relative to the window you are in, while the object gets larger/smaller in the window while you are zooming.

My thought on the original question was that somehow the handles were actually maintaining there size relative to the object and not the window. Thus they too would get very large and you wouldn't be able to grab them because they might become larger than the window.

Anyway..try playing with the settings in Customize>Preferences>Gizmos

CGTalk Moderation
02-26-2007, 10:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.