PDA

View Full Version : What do you use for Foot Roll ?

pete
02-28-2003, 03:34 AM
Hi there,

I've been setting up my rigs lately with this custom slider to run the characters foot roll. It was meant to help animating walks but I've found that I end up having to do a lot of messy counter animation when the foot lifts up.

So I was just wondering what techniques other people used to get this effect?

- pete

joie
02-28-2003, 06:13 PM
I used that method for a while, but I found it weird because it has to pass through all the driven keys until you go to the first position, I personally prefer to animate by hand the rotations of the different joints of the reverse foot, it sounds kidding, but it works fine for me, they do what I want in every moment, forward, or backward.

:)

nottoshabi
02-28-2003, 09:24 PM
I like to use a diferent aproach. I put the pivote of the foot at the ball joint then I give it 2 controls one for the toe and one for the hell or the back of the foot then group the toe at the back of the foot or the heel, then I animate all by hand, I have found it very clean and easy to work with. And very simple to set up.
Hope it helps.

nottoshabi
02-28-2003, 09:55 PM
Something along these lines.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.