PDA

View Full Version : Vue 5 & 6 Xstream not loading in Maya!! please help

HJ-panorama
02-21-2007, 06:47 PM
hello

sorry to buther the forum but i 'v got a serious proplem with loading Xstream plugins in maya...
Vue 5 Xstream is installed as expected but there is no sign of Vue Xstream 5 shelf within maya shelfs ( i 'v already checked the plugin in plugin manager to be loaded).
it is loaded but i can't see it...

another question is about Vue Xstream 6.
is it enough to have Vue Xstream 6 to be loaded in maya for both creating and editing vue scene in maya??

thank you in advance

Abraham
02-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Hi :)

What version of maya are you using ? I just received the download infos for Vue 6 xStream final and apparently Maya 8 and 8.5 aren't supported yet (so I suppose it's the same for Vue 6 xStream) due to an incompatibility between Visual Studio SP1 and Maya 8/8.5
I'm a max user so I can't give you a lot more infos but anyway, if you use one of those two versions of maya it could explain your problem :(

J-L

HJ-panorama
02-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Actually I 'm using Maya 7.0.1 ..

i'v already watched a couple Gnomon Vue Training DVD's and it was o.k to load Vue Xstream 5 in Maya 7.0.1..
as i mentioned formerly, it is loaded in maya via plugin manager,but the point is there is no shelf for Vue 5 Xstream !!!
i used a lot of commands to load it according to plugin info and related commands..
still nothing

thanx again

cheikhna
03-02-2007, 10:41 PM
You need this command for Vue 6 xstream :

loadNewShelf "shelf_Vue6xStreamPlugin.mel";

or this one for Vue 5 xstream :

loadNewShelf "shelf_Vue5xStreamPlugin.mel";

- Now you got game :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2007, 10:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.