PDA

View Full Version : Character Drawings Needed

jthompson3d
02-28-2003, 01:42 AM
Hi everyone I need some character drawings I can use. I need a front and a side view of the charater. Characters wanting are wizards, fairys, elfs.

I am going to make the drawings into 3D and would like the experience of do this. I suck at drawing characters but can model from drawings great. I hope someone can help.

If anyone can help send them to my email jthompson3d@yahoo.com

Tylak
02-28-2003, 06:05 AM
why don't you post some of your attempts, even if you dont think they are good. It would give us all and idea of what you're looking for. Also, you may want to check the 2d forum, there are probably more people there waiting with pen in hand.

Krystman
02-28-2003, 10:17 AM
Being able to draw stuff is essential for modelling. How do you want to do something in 3D when you won't manage even 2D. I mean, you need 2D skills AT LEAST for the Texture (I'm not mentioning stuff like experience with light and shadow, color, volume, shape..)

Most artists I know don't necessary need front/side view of a character for modelling. If you can REALY model great, you are able to do it with any kind of reference...

If you suck at drawing then do what everybody does: practice :arteest: :thumbsup:

Prs-Phil
02-28-2003, 11:36 AM
thats kinda true but some people suck bigtime at 2d but can still make greate models with reference but theese can become great like siad, if they practice

phil out

CGmonkey
02-28-2003, 12:38 PM
Most artists I know don't necessary need front/side view of a character for modelling. If you can REALY model great, you are able to do it with any kind of reference...

Yeah most artists can model without any reference, but the outcome compared to one that used reference is still kinda.. well it sucks.

But I think you could easily go to www.fineart.sk and manipulate a model sheet there or something. I have a couple of model sheets I could send to you if you want. Not mine though.

Tylak
02-28-2003, 01:21 PM
I have some friends who are like that. They don't quite know what to do with pencil and paper but they can bust out some pretty impressive stuff on the PC.

Hysteria
03-01-2003, 06:12 PM
I am pretty bad at 2d, but I am pretty good at 3d. But being able to do 2d does help a lot (specially for textures.. which I suck at :()

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.