PDA

View Full Version : Maker Of Body Mouse And Other Fine Products, Chrislomaka (3D), (3D)

chrislomaka
03-28-2002, 11:06 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/2109/bodymouse_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/2109/bodymouse.jpg)

Title: Maker Of Body Mouse And Other Fine Products, Chrislomaka (3D)
Name:
Software: Lightwave 3D, Photoshop

time: distant future, battletech era
War has demolished most industrial
and manufacturing facilities.
Life is cheap, but mechs are invaluable.
In an effort to maintain electronics with
the smallest amount of cash, technicians
have taken to scouring the battlefield for
useable parts... any useable parts.

-

I wanted to push my mouse-making further than normal mice. trying to evoke a gut reaction in viewers, plus comment a little about awareness of how used some of the things we touch are; and how nearly intimate our connection to our computers can be. Either that, or i just wanted to create something freaky and disturbing...:D :eek:

[OODBALL]
03-28-2002, 11:13 PM
Dude.... Thats awsome =) I love the "eye-ball"

Where can I buy one???

Once again... WOW

toce
03-28-2002, 11:15 PM
héhé! cool!

I want one of those...

Korgath
03-28-2002, 11:15 PM
:eek: :eek:
This is so cool! If it was made, i'd order one directly..

One small thing: The lower part of the mouse is a mouth(2 mouths) and the upper part two fingers, right? Shouldn't there be some stitches to put them together?

Great job! :thumbsup:

chrislomaka
03-28-2002, 11:18 PM
i considered stitches, but then thought i could just say it was genetically grown... not really trying for a frankenstein mouse... heh...

xtrm3d
03-29-2002, 12:11 AM
beurrkkk ist disguuusting... :-)
but so cooll !!!!
i want one to scary my dog !!!

great work

christophe

Gilgamesh
03-29-2002, 06:26 AM
That is so cool. I know so many people who would want something like that. You should build one.
Fabulous job.

ToddD
03-29-2002, 06:45 AM
That is 1 of the coolest things I've seen here...EVER! Very original idea, very well executed, Standind ovation!:applause:

JacobB
03-29-2002, 10:06 AM
that's pretty cool yet very creepy, is it living? a warm soft mouse would be wicked!!

ZPitt
03-29-2002, 10:59 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I seem have seen it at somewhere! But that's another version it!
Crazy thought and cool work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! really great!! hehehe!!

Phobia4
03-29-2002, 12:33 PM
That is so cool!!!!
where can i buy it:) ?

chrislomaka
03-29-2002, 05:14 PM
Zpitt - i posted earlier versions of this mouse under 'to nail or not to nail' , and a really preliminary version at the end of 'i like mice', so you might have seen it there.

JacobB - yeah, it should be warm to the touch, like when you sit in a chair that someone else has been sitting in... and the veins should pulse a little. yeah, ew to all of that, but it would be cool;)

thanks everyone for all the praise and encouragement. it means a lot.
:D:D:D

beej
03-30-2002, 03:13 AM
haha optical mouse! It looks great.

chrislomaka
04-01-2002, 09:01 PM
cool. i think this is the first time one of my posts got 5 stars!!!
thanks a lot everyone :D:D:D

here's a wireframe for those interested.
i typically rendered out w. the subpatch render level set to 4, though the mouse cords went from 3 to 6, depending on how much was visible...

thanks again everyone

Irie
04-01-2002, 11:13 PM
absolutely amazing!

Im stunned.

speechless!

10 stars for this one!

irie

sigma
04-02-2002, 11:15 AM
M A D N E S S !

I love it. :eek:

j3st3r
04-02-2002, 11:21 AM
Hey Guys,

Have you seen ExistenZ?

It has a similar feeling...it rocks...

Would make a keyboard, a monitor, and a tablet as well? I`d like to see it on my desktop....

Absolute ten stars out of five!

Jester

rendermonkey23
04-02-2002, 11:33 AM
all I can say is.... sick and twisted... individual :)

Romantic_Whisky
04-02-2002, 11:37 AM
Wow. Nice concept dude. I like the fingernails. -Romantic

urgaffel
04-02-2002, 11:54 AM
Yeah, j3st3r's right, reminds me of Existenz. Which is a very good thing since the movie is bizarre to say the least.

About the keyboard: the keys could be the top joints of the fingers... Or nipples...

harmonic01
04-02-2002, 12:46 PM
oh wow, that's awesome. What an Idea. :-)

gL_spear
04-02-2002, 12:48 PM
Discusting... I love it, wonder what the pc attached would be like???

Silmarillion
04-02-2002, 01:09 PM
Man until i saw the wireshade ,i thaught it was real :)
awesome job

foookus
04-02-2002, 02:28 PM
Haha, very nice, but i don't think i'd want to see a joystick of the same kind ;)

Azrael
04-02-2002, 02:30 PM
I think a lot of women prolly would ;P
Couldn't help myself...

ART
04-02-2002, 02:32 PM
Holy shit, that is sweet!!!!!

U really should send the idea of to some companies, cause I would bet that someone out there would be willing to make it!:eek:

alfred_ding
04-02-2002, 02:53 PM
Great works
But they are so lousy, If I use them, they can make me barf:p :p :p :wip:

Leftover
04-02-2002, 03:53 PM
What about making joystik for that set?

pascal_blanche
04-02-2002, 04:39 PM
creepy and funny in the same time :)

Wintermute2030
04-02-2002, 06:00 PM
Todd McFarlane! He would do this is seconds flat. Great Job Chris!

Wintermute 2030

kdf

chrislomaka
04-02-2002, 06:05 PM
Thanks everyone for all the praise and comments. It's been a really great experience being here on the forums.

body mouse joystick? oh man, i can see the hate mail now... heh...

nipple keyboard... i'd so not get any work done. but cool idea.

maybe i should do some speakers made out of ears...

AND I GOT ONTO CG CHANNEL!!!
YES!

thanks again, everybody :D

pascal_blanche
04-02-2002, 06:59 PM
ooops your site just shut down.. too many people ;)

chrislomaka
04-02-2002, 07:12 PM
yeah, brinkster went down pretty quickly; angelfire just a little bit ago. at least angelfire reopens (semi)hourly or so. just gotta deal w. all those popups...

LyonHaert
04-02-2002, 08:49 PM
omg that's just so disgusting, i love it :D

FrageNSTEIN
04-02-2002, 10:02 PM
That is amazingly nasty. Good work, it rox.

D

Antheus
04-03-2002, 07:21 AM
Holy shaizer...that looks awesome. How'd you make that? I wanna make one =)

Mr Noodle
04-03-2002, 07:56 AM
:eek: :eek: WOW, me and my dad thought of the idea of a Butt and the clickers are butt cheeks lol just a thought. but WOW man good job (when i acctually type out Good Job instead of GJ i really mean it lol) I'll definatly buy one if it comes out for sale. :D ;) 5 STARS DEFINATLEY!

Daxx
04-03-2002, 09:29 PM
ahaaahahahahahahahah
CRAZY!!!!

T40T
04-04-2002, 12:23 AM
What a unique design, and so well executed!

Too bad you haven't built it yet.

You need to send this to the Museum of Modern Art in New York.

They've got a huge collection of design objects, from Mac computers to forks to toothbrushes.

This would definitly fit right in.

And, as you said, it's a great commentary on how we interface with technology.

Absolutely brilliant.

FrumpyJones
04-04-2002, 12:54 AM
Damn! I need one of these.

One suggestion. Instead of the Rolling Eyeball, use an optical, thereby making the eye stationary and glowing an evil, terminator-like red from its center!

Since your badwidth has been sucked up by us freaks, what other delights can we see there?

chrislomaka
04-05-2002, 05:58 PM
That just can't be an accurate number of views... Thanks again for all the comments, they mean a lot to me. :)

On the advise of all, I'm looking into the possibilities of getting this produced, the first steps of which are getting this design copywrited or such. Actually, if there's interest, i might do a post for those that want to know such things; I know copywrite laws aren't my strong point (thank goodness one of my friends is a lawyer). It might take a bit, as I want to make sure my info's accurate and complete, though.

Wintermute2030: you're so right; this is just strange enough for them to consider.

Mr. Noodle: butt-mouse ACK!!!

FrumpyJones: red, glowing optical; plus chrome-plated plastic... body-mouse special edition. heh. as to see other artwork of mine, try http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2461 .
as far as what's on my web site (for those waiting for it to come back online), it has lots of sketches, low-poly 3d, high-res 3d, some game stuff, a tutorial for creating a ship and adding it into the game HomeWorld, and of course the obligatory resume and contact info.

I'm really amazed my all this, and I thank you all.

leigh
04-05-2002, 06:23 PM
Chris this is
A TRUE MASTERPIECE.

Excellent brilliant amazing work!!! And my most humble congratulations on getting on CG Channel - you are a master of the trade!!
5 stars from me :D (100 stars if I could give them :p)

AcidzCraze
04-17-2002, 09:49 AM
The reason that your thread has been viewed so many times is because people like myself were sent a link in a popular technology newsletter we subscribe to known as "Mike's List". Here is the particular excerpt that concerns this thread.

PhotoShop Phonies

The "Body Mouse" looks freakishly real (inserted link here). The top looks like toes and the bottom like teeth. Don't worry, it doesn't exist in real life. The "Body Mouse" is an art project created by Chris Lomaka.

And this is how I stumbled here myself. >=)

Kirt
04-17-2002, 10:56 AM
Chris - I love it! I'd buy one just to keep my wife away from my computer. Muhahahahah.

Anyway - good to see you doing well. I missed your expertise at the school when you left. Noone there helped me as much as you did, I wish you could have been around for the last few classes ... I had nothing but trouble trying to get a demo done for graduation. Ugh!

One of your students,

Kirt Stanke
aka the soccer-playing robots guy

Gnu
04-19-2002, 09:18 PM
Nah, I wouldn't change it to an optical for the sheer fact that I love the worn texturing on the mouse ball too much. Nailed the paint-on-rubber look there, good combination of texture and shader. As brilliantly disturbing as the rest of the render is, that's my favourite feature for some reason.

Bolaz
04-19-2002, 09:39 PM
hehe nice man! =]

chrislomaka
04-19-2002, 09:44 PM
gnu- i must admit that the eyeball texture was my wife's idea; it's such a good idea that i just had to...

kirt- give me about 10 minutes and check your mail

and for all of you out there, I (with some help of a friend here at work) have come up with the body mouse theme song. sung to the tune of the 'slinky' commercial. may it stick in your head forever;)
---------------------------------
What rolls down stairs?
All covered with hairs?
And frightens the neighborhood dog?

Body-Mice, Body-Mice!!
They're warm and hairy and nice.
Body-Mice, Body-Mice!!
You'll want to click more than twice.

What's warm to the touch?
Like nice slimy guts?
And has a very strong pulse?

Body-Mice, Body-Mice!!
They're warm and hary and nice.
Body-Mice, Body-Mice!!
Never as cold as ice.

Body-Mouse, Body-Mouse!!
a perfect addition to your house.
Body-Mouse, Body-Mouse!!
It even fits under your blouse.
----------------------------------------------
(sorry Leigh, was running out of words to rhyme w. mouse towards the end...)

ART
04-20-2002, 09:10 AM
lol:thumbsup:

leigh
04-20-2002, 04:29 PM
95529 VIEWS???!!!!!
Wow, Chris, you're famous!!!
Excellent, brilliant, amazing work, of course :thumbsup:
You rule!
Leigh :D

The Magic Pen
04-20-2002, 09:28 PM
Damn that's cool !! :applause: :wavey: :thumbsup: :buttrock:

WedgieMan
04-25-2002, 12:49 AM
hmm, how about a mouse with *ahem* "lips" as buttons and a "button" as the wheel? :D I'd buy one of those!

MaskTX
06-29-2002, 09:14 AM
Hahahahaha! :D :D :D
Great! Cool thing! I want one! Tell me a price of this one!

Solesurvivor
06-29-2002, 12:36 PM
this is fantastic , excellent work and you have quite a vivid imagination, not to mention freaky :thumbsup:

lildragon
07-05-2002, 11:16 PM
ok I just have to ask something :)

I mean this thread is the most viewed thread in history...

I was checking stats a minute ago and noticed this thread was being viewed by half of the cgtalk visitors... is it being plugged from somewhere? cause I'm been racking my brains everytime I see the traffic flowing to this thread :)

It's like months old now :surprised

PLEASE FEED MY CUROSITY!!

for my insanity PLEASE!!! heheh

seriously if you know where this thread is being plugged, dropped a line here

a su salud

FthrJACK
07-06-2002, 07:44 PM
thats amazing!!! i want one!!!
what did you use to render that? for about 30 minutes i thought it was real, then i went to google to do a search for "bodymouse" to find out where i could buy one, and i ended up here... amazing stuff chris, nice work :thumbsup:

JelloGnome 2
07-07-2002, 04:02 AM
ewwww

sampi
07-07-2002, 09:54 AM
where did u get this idea from?
Great work
hope to see it in the market:applause:

Manowar
07-07-2002, 02:35 PM
I like it!!it's original and very impressive!!!great work!!!!

Nerux
07-07-2002, 04:09 PM
pretty gross, but nice :insane:

Echo 0515
07-07-2002, 04:34 PM
good originality!:applause:

slugo3
07-07-2002, 05:51 PM
Nice job, awesome textures :drool:

Lildragon, read AcidzCraze's post

The Time Serpent
07-07-2002, 09:37 PM
COOL!!!!:bowdown: :xtreme: :airguitar :xtreme: :bowdown:

chrislomaka
07-09-2002, 12:51 PM
Hi All!

Thanks again for all the praise:D
Sorry for the delay in response, but I just got back from celebrating my 1-year anniversary. that and work has finally started picking up more (our project might actually be *moving forward*. what a concept, but it beats looking for work elsewhere...)

lildragon- i know there was a link on netizen.com to here, so that's probably generating a good number of hits. I'm not in memepool.com as far as i know, but that would generate a zillion hits as well... this also got linked to in some monthly tech-email subscriptions too... oh, and there's a link to here on my web site's main page, so what it's up, it probably generates a few hits too.

FthrJACK- i used lightwave for modeling and rendering (photoshop for textures, of course), and defocus dei dor the depth of field. i also used photoshop to composite the hairs (LW saslight plugin) onto the final image (as saslight and GI don't mix very well:()

sampi- i've always had this strange fascination w. mice... not too long ago, i finished a pc logitech mouse (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2461) and it was so realistic that many people thought i just liked logitech so much that i went and found some cool pics of their mice and used them for wallpaper... not quite what i was looking for, but a problem inherant in photo-realism... so i needed to push it further than simply coming up w. my own design (blah, blah, blah... stuff about using the computer for more than making photorealism (buy a camera if you want that)... blah, blah, blah). So i turned to organic materials, came up w. the idea of having the logo tattooed on (ala the MAYA logo, i suppose), and the rest kinda developed from there and what messages and purpose i wanted to put into it...

FireHell
07-09-2002, 02:38 PM
COOL
I like it so much

OrestesMantra
07-09-2002, 09:28 PM
Thats awesome:beer:

Mentat7
07-11-2002, 02:17 PM
That's demented but daddy likes!! And very very creative! Excellsior!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BlackTenshi
08-30-2002, 05:45 AM
Extremely Kool!!!! awesome, i really like it... (n_n)

yon dabuda
08-30-2002, 06:56 AM
thats fantastic. love the little hairs on it. how did you create those?

sherban
08-31-2002, 06:13 PM
Ha!
The thread that won't die. 138282 views and counting...

:hmm: I'm getting a weird sense of deja vu. Must be the matrix changing ;)

magicmycote
08-31-2002, 07:22 PM
Man that's creepy :) I need to shower...

Najd
08-31-2002, 10:51 PM
Amazing, really cool concept, I like it
But I'd never use one of these :surprised

Gotham
09-01-2002, 12:29 PM
?!?!? Whaaa... It's hard... I like it so hard to... :D

Ed Lee
09-01-2002, 08:08 PM
The concept is very provative and evocative. This gets an A for originality.

Ed--

www.edleeart.com

chrislomaka
09-03-2002, 12:57 PM
i *thought* i posted a reply a few days ago, but i don't see it here... another glitch, eh sherban?

I'm not too sure I'd use my mouse, but I'd definitely keep a few around for show. now if only i can get them manufactured...

yon dabuda- here's a bit longer of an explaination as to how I made the hairs:
1- rendered out my image w.OUT any hairs (GI really hates the LW Sasquatch plugin:( )
2- next, turn off GI, make all textures 100% luminescent white, and turn on Sasquatch hairs, and make them black. your render will be all white with black hairs.
3- head into Photoshop, and load up your first image.
4- make a new layer, and fill it with the color you want your hairs to be.
5- open your b&w hair image, select all, and copy.
6-go back to the file we're working on, select the layer we filled w. color, and hit the 'quick-mask' button
7-paste. (this will paste the b&w hair image into our quick-mask. you might need to hit 'invert'... i don't remember...)
8-press the quick-mask button again to go back to normal mode. we now have everything but the hairs selected. cool, huh?
9-press delete to clear away the fill, leaving only our hairs.
10- now you can go in and adjust the color of the hairs to suit:)

if i were needing to do an animation of this, i'd probably use LW's compositing; using the b&w hair image as a mask for a brown foreground image...

thanks again for all the praise and comments, all:D :beer:

tuba3d
09-11-2002, 09:30 PM
Im really impressed.... :eek: First for your fantastic imagination and creativity.... :thumbsup: and second for yor great 3d model and texturing... Its a piece of art... Fantastic... Amazing...

robot9000
09-12-2002, 06:48 AM
MAN O MAN=THAT IS SO FLESHY!
VERY VIDEODROME MEETS MICROSOFT!
I DIG!
peace
robot9000
:airguitar :airguitar :airguitar

Mangled Poly
09-12-2002, 06:57 AM
Holy shit that is freaking cool!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

pearson
09-12-2002, 07:32 AM
This thread just goes to show how many new people are joining up everyday. This was originally posted in MARCH! Every time this gets resurrected there are a bunch of people who haven't seen it.

Who want's to place bets on when this will hit 200,000 views? 150k? I bet it'll get to 150k before New Year's. Anybody, anybody? :p

Carina
09-12-2002, 07:33 AM
Good modelling... but that is freaky;)

BluemoonX
09-12-2002, 09:14 AM
nice mouse, Ilike it but I wouldn't use it:rolleyes:

nibo
09-12-2002, 09:34 AM
Sicko!
Very cool idea.

Heber G Conde
09-12-2002, 02:07 PM
Amazing Creation!
Congratulation!
Heber

piajartist
09-22-2002, 07:09 AM
I would like to call it the Hannibal Mouse Model:applause:

lildragon
02-08-2003, 08:58 PM
The resurrection :D Digging up some of the classics ;) This folks is the 2nd highest viewed thread on cgtalk, the Show your pic thread http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22583 toppled it a few months ago I believe :)

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Keep it up amazing work bud!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_feb03.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com for the .psd file

salud

Man
02-08-2003, 10:07 PM
it´s so growse ......I LOVE IT!!!!!

CONGRATS...:bounce:

mimo8
02-08-2003, 10:39 PM
sick idea
great texturing
and a wellearned awardwinner

chrislomaka
02-10-2003, 01:01 PM
Wow, this is so cool! Thanks lildragon, and everybody!
(now I'm realy, [i]really[\i] going to have to update my webpage to add this)

I can see how the other thread has gotten so many views. I know I'm always interested in what other people look like in real life. (speaking of which, lildragon: you look a lot like a college buddy of mine)

If anyone's in the UK, i've recently been published in the magazine PC Exreme.

thanks again everybody!
(forgive my spelling mistakes here, it's way too early in the morning...)

Chris Lomaka

Error323
02-10-2003, 01:39 PM
Hey Chris,

Why in the name of god :) Do u have such small images on your website, all i can see are a few pixels! Why not make them bigger?

chrislomaka
02-10-2003, 01:53 PM
after an incident of someone stealing my artwork, I got a little paranoid...
:annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed:

EddieAlcazar
02-10-2003, 10:41 PM
i remember this one
good to see its back

:buttrock:

DevonH
02-11-2003, 04:15 AM
dude, that's just strange....

BiTMAP
02-11-2003, 04:50 AM
how about for the keyboard have an arm thats been cut open at the bottom and the skin stretched out, the the keys are uhh... various cut out seems in the skin with letters tattoed to it... if you were to produce it you could make the mouse a simple plastic mouse frame with optical and non optical versions with the organics made out of silicon and some sort of prostetic skin material for the skin, nails would have to be plastics... make it kinda soft when you touch it :D and if possible have the hairs :D lol.

btw I love it, and the idea :D go for a speaker system with the woofer being some variaton of a head (have the face ripped out and replaced with the speaker grill and air vent) and then ears and such for the satalights. for a joystick, yeah Lets not go there.... for a tablet have a abbs of a guy that have been cut and the plastic plate for the tablet surface added in, then a lil roll of fat at the bottom for a wrist rest :D (the pen "COULD" be a bone or a finger)

chrislomaka
02-11-2003, 03:59 PM
i have a wrist rest that feels just like that. Ick.

you all have some great ideas for accessories for this :)

FusionDG
02-11-2003, 06:14 PM
Just saw this almost year old thread.

What a twisted idea, how is your research into copyrighting this and selling the idea for actual manufacturing coming along? This would be a huge seller I would guess, along with the accessories that some have suggested.

Great work! 2nd highest viewed thread too, amazing!

Paul

davedavidson
02-11-2003, 06:39 PM
just got this link from a m8 and i must say thanks
i am getting soooo bored of seeing gi renders of cars, buildings and heads that this is very refreshing to me

/me takes hat off

nice idea and done very very well

keep em comming m8:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

betooo
02-23-2003, 06:59 PM
Very creative :) and awesome modeling

betooo
02-23-2003, 07:00 PM
did you have more works?? a portifolio to i see? :):thumbsup: :thumbsup:

chrislomaka
02-24-2003, 12:47 PM
betooo - check out my website; I have a lot more stuff there.

_dd - yup, that was part of why i went the direction i did with this. i did a nice logitech mouse and found it to be not nearly so fulfilling to me as an artist after i got over the coolness of being able to make something photo-realistic.

FusionDG - most companies/manufacturers want me to sell my soul, or at least the design, to them, meaning that the bodymouse would no longer be mine. I'm not quite ready to do that yet... as far as copyright info, here's some interesting stuff I've found:
-any piece of art is automatically copyrighted by the artist as soon as it is completed, even if the artist doesn't put any copyright info on it. the actual paper copyright is really most usefull when sueing for damages and/or money. of course, it also helps to prove that you had the idea first...
-even if part or your work is copyrighted by someone else, the rest of your work is still covered. an example: let's say Body Glove tells me that my body mouse name and logo are too similar to theirs. (i worry about this, actually) just because my little logo becomes uncopyrighted by me does NOT mean that it's open season on the rest of the design. I still have copyright on everything BUT the logo. but thankfully, i doubt that this will really be an issue until it seems more likely that my mouse will be produced, and then it will be my ethical responsibility to bring the issue to body glove, i suppose. (i'll worry more about it when i get there;))

thanks for all the comments everyone! it really cheers me up when I'm sitting here at work producing crud...

jchoi
02-27-2003, 01:23 AM
Damn..that's the best-looking mouse I've ever seen dude.

Awesome design work!! :thumbsup:

lmc
02-27-2003, 02:25 AM
Idea:bowdown: design :bowdown: model:bowdown:

well done people

cyrano
03-06-2003, 08:13 AM
:drool:
GREAT,PERFECT,AWESOME

bJekX
03-06-2003, 08:50 AM
i wonder how does the keyboard look like :buttrock:
love your idea man, keep showing your ideas :thumbsup:

SirManfred
03-06-2003, 11:16 AM
Woah! This thread is still alive? Cool! :D
Its almost a year ago this thread was created :buttrock:

pivot
03-06-2003, 01:34 PM
That's just fu**** up!
Amazing work.... thumbs up! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

m-greenwood
03-06-2003, 01:42 PM
Well, that's um, disgusting.
Great work all the same!
:drool:

SyDemon
03-28-2003, 02:18 PM
You fall asleep and leave the air condition on....and the mouse catches a cold.

The next morning, when you use it, it feels very warm as it was running a temperature! It is ill from the cold! Then when you try to use it...it sneezes (its mouth is underneath) and flies upwards, spitting saliva and musus all over the place.

chrislomaka
03-28-2003, 03:17 PM
heh.

just make sure it doesn't get ebola or any other flesh-eating virus...
;)

jeb
04-06-2003, 09:09 AM
hope there isnt a joystick.

i never got the oportunity to say how cool this is

SyDemon
04-22-2003, 08:25 AM
For users with larger hand, feed it.

mariolinton
04-26-2003, 09:28 PM
That thing makes my skin crawl... Great work and nice concept..

Kenshin_himura
11-07-2003, 10:49 PM
sick.
i mean cool. yeah.

BiTMAP
11-08-2003, 05:58 AM
this seriously must be the longest running thread EVER!, do people like, have a thing to auto search this thread and restart it up or something?? its wack man! lol good job, this pieces is truly amazing :D Nothing like holding a cold dead, thing...

k-zu
11-09-2003, 10:48 AM
im scared :eek: :(
but very nice :surprised

chrislomaka
11-10-2003, 07:38 PM
BiTMAP -i'm not sure which would be worse: a cold, clammy dead bodymouse, or a sweaty, greasy warm bodymouse. they're both icky.

--attempting to amuse and disgust the masses--

and thanks for all the praise, y'all. My job can seriously suck sometimes. One of our last contracts had a part about 3D being done by an *OUTSIDE COMPANY*!!! i was seriously ticked off. But they did such a poor job that it just made me seem all the better compared to them:)

maybe one day i'll *finish* one of my projects and I can be known for more than just the bodymouse... that would be nice. the stuff i've done for work is technically on the same level as this, but not nearly so interesting. try spending a week making a radio, or a modem. Aaaarg!
</rant>

DoLeeP
11-10-2003, 11:54 PM
great work :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

osa3D
04-07-2004, 02:42 AM
Nice mouse by the way! So is this going to be produced?:rolleyes:

moddng freaks, come get your mouse

ps: its so god damn original

chrislomaka
04-07-2004, 12:59 PM
actually, i recently met this guy who could put me into contact with some entreprenours that might be willing to invest in getting a prototype made for pitching to companies.

:)

Whoops
04-07-2004, 01:53 PM
Great work!
Ever thought of a human "joy"-stick? ;)
I think more and more women would game then. :p

DKMNZ
07-29-2004, 09:07 AM
how wonderfully horible.

My only criticism: the gums are too red. someone probly already said so.

Milou
08-03-2004, 04:18 AM
it's so neat, it's so creepy, it's soooooo, I can't tell, it's just so cool, it disturbs me and many but at the same time it's brilliant

nacho_grande
08-11-2004, 01:27 AM
It is horrible to put my hand to another man's hand. Eghhk! :)))

RedDream
08-11-2004, 02:54 AM
WOW! cool!

Funny work!I want to buy one!

silentsamurai
09-16-2004, 07:25 PM
it's like a scene right out of Silent Hill..... it's disturbing.... where can I get mine?

silent samurai

JehutyVer2
09-19-2004, 06:13 AM
Really awsome. So real infact, I'd rather not touch it...

MegaGeo
10-12-2004, 02:25 PM
Hehe, nice work and realy cool idea :thumbsup:

I dont wan to see the keyboard from this company!!! Imagine how many nails it will have ?!?! :p

jasonkey
11-11-2004, 05:23 AM
just to let you know, I keep my Expose' on my office bookshelf and I get many great reactions to this piece when visitors browse through the book (most are experienced 3D professionals).

I'd have to say it's one of my favorites because of it's originality and 'impact' factor. It reminds me a little of a CG magazine article where I saw an artist who had depicted a toilet with throat-type internals: http://www.plecxus.com/gallery/albums/3d/treed_025.jpg

http://www.plecxus.com/gallery/albums/3d/treed_025.jpg

Concept-Mutt
11-17-2004, 01:01 AM
freeky to a satisfactionary point. 4 stars

senigma
12-11-2004, 07:37 PM
WOW! cool!

ernia
01-22-2005, 04:59 PM
Great idea! Although I'd have to shave the knuckles on mine. Oh...I'd also have to trim the nails when I cleaned the eyeball.

Very creative and good texturing!

ernia

Dragonrebourn
02-15-2005, 11:55 PM
The fuzzy knuckles are nice touch.

chrislomaka
02-16-2005, 12:33 PM
Thanks for all the praise everyone :)

silentsamurai: a couple of people have mentioned this... i feel like I should go and play this game now...

MegaGeo: I actually did a few keyboard designs. One had each letter scratched into each nail.

jasonkey: Thanks! I ran across this guy's website, too. I could imagine both our objects existing in the same house.

ernia: I made a point to make the nails just a bit grungy with gunk stuck underneath, just for the added ick.

jakeblakely
02-16-2005, 10:19 PM
dude that is so cool lookin i wish that was a real product cuz i would buy one

SpudCrowley
03-15-2005, 04:51 AM
Unreal man, unreal. It's what Hannibal Lecters mouse would look like.

SpudCrowley
03-15-2005, 04:52 AM
just to let you know, I keep my Expose' on my office bookshelf and I get many great reactions to this piece when visitors browse through the book (most are experienced 3D professionals).

I'd have to say it's one of my favorites because of it's originality and 'impact' factor. It reminds me a little of a CG magazine article where I saw an artist who had depicted a toilet with throat-type internals: http://www.plecxus.com/gallery/albums/3d/treed_025.jpg

http://www.plecxus.com/gallery/albums/3d/treed_025.jpg

Gigers toilet.

mutetalk
06-29-2005, 02:44 PM
Your work 'says' it all: mouse, mouth, eye, press, talk, see, re-organize all of them to talk, to reach out, to communicate.
Love the texture of the fingers - it 'says' to me shut up while we navigate, talk/scream to your insides, with a hope of subversity, of talking taking over the mouse-world.
I'd like to use your artwork for our postgraduate colloquium brochure on fiction. Please email me to gesima@gmail.com. Many thanks for the aesthetic experience and congratulations once again for your philosophic carnage!

chrislomaka
06-30-2005, 02:27 PM
I thought posts this old would have been deleted!

Thanks for the comments SpudCrowley and jakeblakely.
You should get my email soon, mutetalk.

(considers again the possibility of manufacturing this...)

TETRAGRAMMATON
07-20-2005, 12:01 PM
Congratulation for the model and render!
In any case i hope battletech era will never come because in that case i'll always vomit using a mouse with all that hair,teeth:eek: and nails :eek:....bleah.....:)

Cvety
01-25-2006, 09:57 PM
Great work i want one of those :twisted:

oceanbluesky
04-23-2006, 12:17 AM
Very creative Chris! Really like the extra touch of a Logitech-like logo.

Elinewton
02-20-2007, 08:09 PM
Great idea! Fantastic! ^^

CGTalk Moderation
02-20-2007, 08:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.