PDA

View Full Version : seam of normal maps in mudox

U2-xxl
02-21-2007, 03:01 PM
I've use mudbox to generate normal map,but i can't remove seam enven I've tried many parameter .
Somebody help me,please.

U2-xxl
02-23-2007, 01:02 AM
Any other solution???

ambient-whisper
02-23-2007, 01:20 AM
first off, this doesnt belong in the general discussion.
second of all, you didnt mention what your problem is. what kind of seam is it? in the actual tangent map? worldspace map? is the seam only showing up in the engine? or just when you view the raw map file on the model?

specify the problem a bit more clearly and you will probably recieve a better answer.

U2-xxl
02-25-2007, 01:59 AM
first off, this doesnt belong in the general discussion.
second of all, you didnt mention what your problem is. what kind of seam is it? in the actual tangent map? worldspace map? is the seam only showing up in the engine? or just when you view the raw map file on the model?

specify the problem a bit more clearly and you will probably recieve a better answer.
I apologize.
I bake normalmap in mudbox.And in maya,i use that normalmap and rend in mentalray.There were seams in each board of uv.It's a tangent map.There are some picture to show the problem.
http://forums.cgsociety.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=109617&stc=1

http://forums.cgsociety.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=109618&stc=1

http://forums.cgsociety.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=109619&stc=1

U2-xxl
02-25-2007, 08:01 AM
i got other normalmap,and tested in maya using mentalray.And that worked ok.
So it must be something wrong in mudbox.
And I got some other solution to get normalmap.I use maya's trasfer map to gernerate normalmap,it works perfect.
But unfortunately, there will be seams in the border when your model have part faces diffent sud level then others.
Still I hope I can fix it in mudbox.
http://www.mudbox3d.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2219&stc=1&d=1172390334

Geser
02-27-2007, 01:16 PM
Hello!
I just want to get information, is it possible in mudbox to draw bump map?
In zbrush there is material, which allows to draw bump and see bump on the model.
Is it possible to rotate brush alpha's shape in projection mode in zbrush? Or i need to create many alphas, rotated in xy plane, if i want to have some variations in alpha rotations?

U2-xxl
03-02-2007, 01:06 AM
Hello!
I just want to get information, is it possible in mudbox to draw bump map?
In zbrush there is material, which allows to draw bump and see bump on the model.
Is it possible to rotate brush alpha's shape in projection mode in zbrush? Or i need to create many alphas, rotated in xy plane, if i want to have some variations in alpha rotations?
I think the effect of normalmap is better than bump map,and I report the problem in the forum of mudbox.They said is mudbox have different arithmetic to generate normalmap than maya and max which is for game engine.
So it is impossible to get what i want in mudbox.Only I can do is to generate normalmap in maya.

wavez
02-18-2008, 09:35 AM
I'm having this same problem. Plus, There are a few spots where there are seams in the n-map where there are no UV seams. Any solution found yet?

blindsyte
03-15-2008, 08:49 AM
you either need to make sure that all your symetry verticies are welded or go into to clean up tool in mesh > cleanup and remove any non-manifold geometry

CKPinson
03-18-2008, 12:34 AM
Don't think that's the issue- it's just the seams where your UVs meet. you could always smooth them in Photoshop but you have to do it by channel (R,G,B).

musashidan
03-24-2008, 08:54 PM
I've just moved from weeks of Zbrush normal/displacement map and UV nightmares to the very first time exporting a normal map in Mudbox with a Max UV'd mesh and it worked absolutely perfectly with no seams showing in Max render at all!!

This workflow has been an ongoing problematic saga at ZBcentral for years.Almost daily there are people starting threads in frustration and many others coming up with trial and error workarounds leading to more frustration and confusion.

Mudbox answers this with 3 or 4 clicks of the mouse.no problems whatsoever(for me at least)
:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
03-24-2008, 08:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.