PDA

View Full Version : Sketching tools?

Noredin
02-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Hi everyone!

I need help with the above question!
I?ve always used "black lead, graphite" to sketch, but after looking at some of gnomons sketching videos I got interested in the tools they use!

I have started sketching after maybe 8 years now. Back then it just was a hobby but now I am looking forward to learn as much as I can so that I can make a living out of it.

That is why I am asking you, whatever info you got (like tools, learning steps, books and etc.) that can boost up my learning curve pls post here!

Hopefully this thread will help others in time too!

Thx to you all!

NR43
02-24-2007, 07:46 PM
hi

good ol' pencil is still my best friend (always carry one with me) but there are so many interesting and pleasant media to use... ballpen, felt pens, indian ink, charcoal, pastels,...
the fun part is to try them all out :)

Noredin
02-25-2007, 01:28 PM
Yes I know exactly what you meen! I will probably try them all.
I thank you for the reply!

Rizo
03-03-2007, 12:46 AM
My advice, go and get everything from 3B to 8B pencils, try them for a few days to seet where your hand feels better. Also it's a good idea if you try to keep al your work to digital, just an advice :)
Rizo

CGTalk Moderation
03-03-2007, 12:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.