PDA

View Full Version : FEATURE REQUEST: Reflections....

PJC
02-28-2003, 12:06 AM
I wish I could control Reflectivity not only as a percentage, but as a color as well in AM. Gold would then reflect the way gold should...

That's what I want. Control over color in Reflection and Transparency. That would be nice.

- pjc

Kalimol
02-28-2003, 12:16 AM
You're right, that would be useful. It would do a lot to aid the realism of the renders.

I don't want to start a thread on this by itself, but another nice feature would be to bring back negative lights. They're exremely useful for a lot of effects and would make AM just that much more versatile.

Nonproductive
02-28-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Kalimol
another nice feature would be to bring back negative lights. They're exremely useful for a lot of effects and would make AM just that much more versatile.

Whoa! Wait a minute! when did those go away?!?!

I haven't tried to mess with them in v10 so I had no idea...

Boogers...I liked them. :hmm:

Kalimol
02-28-2003, 12:29 AM
Well, they don't work in 9.5. I don't have 10.0 yet.

John Keates
02-28-2003, 11:41 PM
Negative lights were in for about three versions and then went. I suggested that the AM renderer should have a controll for reflection colour a while ago on the list and victor Navone aggreed. I have mailed hash about it but I think they need more encouragement. I can't think why negative lights went. Seems silly. These little details can realy make a difference.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.