Mafx
02-21-2007, 03:31 AM
Hi all,

Have any of you ever seen image shearing when rendering Digital Fusion 4 to a
farm (so basically using the DFR node) For example we could have a flow
of 100 frames and 90 of them would be fine and 10 would be sheared in
half (top and bottom are offset), If you render locally it is fine. If
you render out the same flow again it would work fine. There is no
weird load, no network glitches reported or anything, just torn images.

Weird...

Any ideas?

S.

PieterVH
02-21-2007, 11:38 AM
Seen that before. Is your file server based on Windows XP? XP only allows for 10 connections at the same time, which Fusion will take up easily on a network. This can result in corrupted files. Gave me one hell of a headache and then simply installed a network server on Linux and all was sorted. Windows 2003 server is another solution, be it ever so slightly more expensive...

In general, having a file server on WinXP is just a bad idea for anything more than 2 to 4 computers attached to it IMO...

Mafx
03-08-2007, 03:31 AM
nah the farm is all Windows 2000 and there was 2200 CPUs on the farm so it wouldn't be a connection issue and it is no consistent either.

It is really weird and really frustrating to try and track down.

Here is a sample of what I am on about.

Thanks.

Steven

PieterVH
03-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Looks exactly like the issue I had. I am not talking about the rendernode side of things. 2000 or XP Pro works just fine on those. I am talking about the machine(s) that the files are saved to. If that one has anything more than 5 machines writing files to it and it's running on 2000 or XP Pro you get that sort of errors...

If that's not what it is, I'm afraid I can't be of more help, ever since we're running the file server on Linux we've had no more issues like that...

Cheers.

CGTalk Moderation
03-12-2007, 11:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.