PDA

View Full Version : DF technical question

bluehonda
02-21-2007, 02:11 AM
good day to all compositors. im new to DF and i have this question- is it possible to create a button in our DF interface with our own specific tool attributes? like if i have 3 tools that i use most of the time in a proj. instead of always copy pasting those tools to new shots. i can just create that button which has those 3 tools embedded on it, with the appropriate value inputs. is this possible thru scripting?

someone pls show me how.

thankyou for your time

PieterVH
02-21-2007, 11:35 AM
Not a problem, you can simply create macros for that. Select the 3 tools you are talking about, right-click on the selection and go to Macro -> Create Macro. It will open a dialog allowing you to name the macro, select the in- and outputs you wish to use as well as selecting the values you want to be made available to the user. Save the file and it will show up in the Macro menu under Tools.

Added advantage is that they will just work on a render farm as well if they are made of standard or installed tools, no need to copy the macros over to them.

EricD
02-23-2007, 06:28 PM
You can also drag tools or groups of tools to the the bin's settings or favorites folders (or any folder for that matter). Fusion will ask you to save a .settings file, then you can drag your tools from the bin any time you need them ;)

CGTalk Moderation
02-23-2007, 06:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.