PDA

View Full Version : Weighting bug? 8.0

revilo3D
02-21-2007, 01:31 AM
Hey guys,

A strange problem. Haven't weighted a character in maya 8 yet and just started doing one today.
Started by weighting all influence to one joint and painting weights off it to a corresponding unlocked joint. SO holding all weights except the specific joints im working with. - Using Skinny toolset as well.. and was fine until I got to the spine.
I paint the weight off and only some takes, the other is left behind. The verts that wig out are quite random and I can't seem to get around this problem. After many little experiments Ive come to the conclusion its a bug - but perhaps some helpful soul out there might know more :) At the moment I can't skin really at all.

The attached pic shows my painting .. with my smooth grey falloff - and the crap its giving me.

Any help appreciated.

revilo3D
02-21-2007, 02:06 AM
A small relevation. Tried working in an unlocked fashion then locking as i weighted each joint. Each worked fine up to a point - then a locked joint caused the corruted weighting. Unweighting this joint stops the corrupted weight assignment but this now gives me less security/if any, that im not destroyed finished weighting of a joint becuase i can't have it locked.

really open to suggestions...

CGTalk Moderation
02-21-2007, 02:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.