PDA

View Full Version : Help with XSI 6 and vista

Westcon-X
02-20-2007, 08:22 PM
Alright, so I have XSI 5 working on my machine right now with windows vista, albeit with some bugs. One problem being whenever I go to close XSI, the window pops up asking if I want to save my work, and the yes, no and cancel buttons do not work. The same thing happens in a few other spots, where those "yes" and "no" buttons simply dont work.

Now, after installing version 6, whenever I try to start XSI, I get an error saying "Error: there is no interactive licensce available to run XSI".

Just wondering if anyone has experienced similar issues and can help while I wait for a response from Softimage support.

Xeoxi
02-20-2007, 09:59 PM
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=24&t=462529

try this thread, it may help

alexcyh
03-21-2007, 02:54 AM
hi westcon-x, can i know how to make xsi 5 work on window vista? because i can even run the xsi on window vista. Thanks for help.

dwigfor
03-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Disabling UAC (User Account Control) will allow you to start your license manager under Vista. I've also heard you can "Run As Admin", but I couldn't get that to work, so I just disabled it. No problems now..

Try updating your video drivers. That might fix your menu buttons. I had problems connecting nodes in the FX Tree; new non beta ATI drivers fixed that..

Only problem that I still have with Vista/ xsi 6 adv is when I try to draw a selection (with y key for example). That causes a weird redraw problem (where it shows my default blank layout underneath, even if I had 1 view zoomed fullscreen). As soon as I release my mouse button, that part of the screen displays fine.

tuna
03-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Only problem that I still have with Vista/ xsi 6 adv is when I try to draw a selection (with y key for example). That causes a weird redraw problem (where it shows my default blank layout underneath, even if I had 1 view zoomed fullscreen). As soon as I release my mouse button, that part of the screen displays fine.

I had this, it only seems to happen when you have Aero enabled.

alexcyh
03-22-2007, 01:20 AM
Thanks for the infor dwigfor, but can teach me how to disable the UAC??.. thanks^_^

sciics
03-26-2007, 07:43 AM
Its in the control panel

just keep clicking till you get to the main user control panel. and uncheck the option.

*** Catch

the lic stops when you...
1. Log Off
2. Switch user
3. hit the hybernate (whatever that new button is called in vista)

or any thinkg related to "User tools"

Restarting the computer restores this problem how ever

dwigfor
03-26-2007, 02:33 PM
Control Panel\User Accounts and Family Safety\User Accounts\Turn User Account Control On/Off

dwigfor
03-26-2007, 02:35 PM
Its in the control panel

3. hit the hybernate (whatever that new button is called in vista)

Haha. You may get a kick out of this.... http://moishelettvin.blogspot.com/2006/11/windows-shutdown-crapfest.html

alexcyh
03-27-2007, 01:17 AM
thanks dwigfor and soulstation, Thanks for help. after i installed it. the show me check fail for the SID. wat does it mean?

CGTalk Moderation
03-27-2007, 01:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.