PDA

View Full Version : Deforming one object with another

julie.jenkinson
02-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Hello,

I've made a sort of translucent membrane with relatively sharp objects underneath. I would like those objects to deform the membrane as they are moved against it, so that in the final render, with a SSS shader, you see exactly what's happening.

I've tried:

- sculpt deformers with a replacement nurbs object > buggy, doesn't work well with more complex models.

- wrap deformers > in a simple test with a plane and a sphere, I can't make the deformation of the plane match the shape of the sphere, even if I play with the distance/weight parameters.

- smooth skin with influence objects. How am I supposed to paint the weights if the influence object has to move everywhere underneath the influenced geometry?

..And blendshapes are not an option since I have to do at least 30 seconds of animation with this membrane thing, so that would mean hundreds of blendshapes.

I can reformulate what I'm after, if it's not clear.

I'm looking forward to any bit of knowledge you might have on this subject..

Thanks,

julie

arcsecond
02-21-2007, 11:43 PM
Have you tried softbody dynamics yet? with collision objects? Or perhaps a cloth sim? That would be my first thoughts.

Hope this helps.

-James

ftaswin
02-22-2007, 12:08 AM
or some out of the box muscle system plugins... There are a few out there...

Ft

CGTalk Moderation
02-22-2007, 12:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.