PDA

View Full Version : Urban Chaos

renegade126
02-20-2007, 05:30 PM
Hey, I'm starting to dabble in Matte painting, can I get a crit on this?

http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/268708/268708_1171995974_large.jpg

WOge
02-21-2007, 12:40 AM
I am no matte painter, but I saw this and I think its quite a feat to make it appear genuinely like something terrible just happened. Its like the Matte one had been captured just moments after the Photo.

How did you get it looking so good?

Also, which application did you use to administer the effects?

byvfx
02-21-2007, 03:19 AM
just a couple nitpicky things..

there is a white border on the buildings where you did the sky replacement. and i think the far building would be better if you kept the original perspective, other than that great job!

Artbot
02-21-2007, 05:12 PM
This is a great start. Some suggestions: If there was fire coming out of that building, the walls above would be very blackened. Also, the shiny cars in the foreground are in stark contrast to the destruction behind them. Maybe have a big chunk of debris smashed into the roof of one of them? The crunched car isn't quite believeable yet. I can barely tell it was hit by the van. Maybe some skid-marks behind the van would help? And as someone pointed out, the perspective of the bg building is off. You have a good perspective grid already in place in the form of a building that's already there - use that. I wouls also put more tiny debris on the road, or water puddles from the fire engines that presumably put the fire out.

CGTalk Moderation
02-21-2007, 05:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.