PDA

View Full Version : Erráns Alba: part 2

mjdowswell
02-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Hi Everybody,

Heres the second part, finally online, was meant to be completed and put online three days ago, but we were having problems with the music matching up...

http://www.ensys.info/EA.html

Mike

---

LemonNado
02-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Well, the mystery unfolds 8). It's also a mystery why the vessel docked at the space station?! I thight we'll have a walk around... Sighhhhh. Alright.... no space bar then ;).
Looking forward to Part3!
Rainer

mjdowswell
02-20-2007, 02:57 PM
hehe...well there is a whole thing that I wanted to do inside the space station...its just that time is running out...

This is what I wanted in the interior space station sequences here below. Whats interesting is that this cinema screening deadline (tried to get the date out of them but they could only give me a estimate being late March) means that i may be able to do this sequence...i really love the idea of the animation being this far longer beast than the 9 or 10 minutes that its curently going to be. (no storyboards being made for this)(I keep expanding it in my head)

http://www.ensys.info/MT002.jpg

Currently have 7mins 32 seconds animation completed, and 4 mins 38 seconds music completed.

Mike

---

LemonNado
02-20-2007, 07:09 PM
Just don't cut it up to much ;).
Didn't we just had that 'Art and Deadlines' thingy?

I am making a storyboard. C4D is being used for that.
I draw very rough sketches. More like visual memos. Sometimes just a note.
Then use them as texture on a plane in C4D. I animate/sequence the sketches.
That gives me a great feel for the timing and is actually a first movie. Looks verry retarded but is as basic as the first version can be. Easy to tweak and mess with at that stage.
That method also allows to create the sound/music first.I like that because it set's the mood for the lighting, speed of animation etc. Then I cut the thing into pieces and fill in the animations. Later into the comper it goes and with a bit luck it doesn't look to terrible 8). I feel that this leaves me the most flexibility till rendering time makes things 'precious' and unsuitable for the bin because of the effort spend.
Btw.. I just got Live 6. Woaaaa. My Dog's are hiding in the Basement lol. Got a M-Audio 'Trigger Finger' for my Birthday. Fun device.
Back making noise...
Rainer

flingster
02-20-2007, 07:27 PM
good to see you still around mike and even better to see you're still plugging away at it....keep it up fella..:thumbsup:

LemonNado
02-20-2007, 07:57 PM
Btw.... What Cinema Screening Deadline?!
Rainer

mjdowswell
02-21-2007, 07:55 AM
Hey Flingster...good to hear from you man. Hehe, yeah still battling it out over here. Perseverance + Talent = Luck I keep saying to myself!

Hi LemonNado, a one off cinema screening is something that was totally out of the blue for me...I got a email from the south west Scotland screen commissioner asking me if he could show it alongside 4 other films...and so that was very welcome (though adds a bit of pressure to get it done at a quality I want it) (but I mean pressure is good)

Storyboarding is essential for action sequences...BUT...there a weird thing where by you can say (second quote in this letter...lol)…."organisation is the enemy of innovation" I just tend to go in there and do the camera...test render it, then re do and re do.

Its very very true what you have going on there about drawing things as memos.

LemonNado
02-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Well, that's very cool regarding your screening! And yes, pressure is good. Even self inflicted one. My 'drawings' are mere scribbles. I don't want to spend any time on it except to define my point. But I also do not hesitate to go through the feedback loop. I do not think a waterfall principle is in order (can't go back to a previous step by definition). But the iterations should not end up in an endless loop either 8).
The best of luck with your deadline.
Rainer

CGTalk Moderation
02-21-2007, 12:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.