PDA

View Full Version : Ink splatter text,stains (PS, Illustr.)

leho
02-20-2007, 08:09 AM
Ok guys, here's the problem. I wanted to create a logo with a text with ink splatters on the backround. I got all the ink splatters done pretty realistic but the problem is with the text. I have no idea how to create a text so it would look like it's handwritten with Ink. It should be a bit sloppy or disorganised.
right now the text kind of ruins all the ink effect I wanted to archieve.
If anyone has any ideas how to create text like sloppy inksplattery handwritten then I would be very thankful.

Tarvo

Skjoldbroder
02-20-2007, 09:18 AM
one way would be to use actual ink, write it on a piece of paper and scan that.
you can do it all digitally too, of course, but in that case I'd say you need to do some paintwork and add a lot of those details yourself. you may be able to get some results from the shape dynamics in 'brushes' as well.

leho
02-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Ok, I will try that but the problem is that I'm in kind of a hurry with that. And maybe someone has some good moves or quick tutorials how to make regular font this sloppy inkdrawing... like ink splatter, only readable text. Some distortions or smth maybe.

kiwi8
02-21-2007, 06:42 AM
find a font that is close to what you want, do a search for free handwritten fonts or somthing.

install it, open use illustrator and outline the texts and you can modifly them to match what you want.

CGTalk Moderation
02-21-2007, 06:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.