PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a Quadro 4 out there??

nefilim242
03-28-2002, 08:32 PM
Greetings everyone!

I was the lucky winner of a Quadro 4 750 XGL from the Nvidia booth at the Game Developers Conference last week in San Jose and promptly installed the card as soon as I got home. However, i noticed that the antialiasing feature of the card isn't working as well as it should. I've tried all the different anti-aliasing settings and have not noticed any difference at all. I also know that the Quadro cards are suppose to support hardware antialiased lines in DCC applications like Maya or Max but I'm not seeing anything different in the wireframe views in my viewports. The wireframe still look aliased. Maybe I need to toggle something in the display preference for Max and Maya for it to work?

I've even used riva tuner to tweak the settings but i'm still not getting the results that I want.

I'm suspecting this is could be a driver issue but I'm using the 28.32 drivers that came with the card.

Here are my system specs:

1.4 Athlon
Asus A7A266 mobo
512 megs DDR ram
Windows 2K service pack 2
40 gig 72OO rpm HD
Soundblaster Live
Quadro 4 750 XGL vid card

Any help or advice is very much appreciated.

:)

-neFilim

sono
04-06-2002, 09:51 AM
Just got my Quad4 900xgl today. So far looks ok, but I installed it fresh after killing all video drivers before it, no traces of nvidia drivers, and no rivatuner or any of the tweakers. Some of the tweakers might not be up to date fully and maybe turn the AA off ... after I did some tweaking just in the drivers aditional properties was able to get AA working fine. Had to turn off Overlays to keep the system from freezing up when I tried to use both monitors in Maya.

rendermonkey23
04-06-2002, 10:02 AM
sono: where did you get it? What did you pay?

I'm workin on gettin one so any thumbs up or down would be appriciated.

nefilim242: You lucky bastard....

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.