PDA

View Full Version : Position Controller Problems #2

kogen
02-19-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm sorry for all those questions (I already said it) but I'm facing some problems, I'm not able to solve:

I've got a basic question: Why is Paramter Wiring with Max Standard Sliders (in the Helper-Palette) so much faster than with an object limited and controlling another object?
For Example: I create a Sphere I create a Max Slider. I wire the sphere X-position to the value of the slider and everything stays smooth. On the other hand: I create a shape, I limit this shape's X-position via Position Script Controller to a certain value domain. I wire the X Position of the shape with the X Position of the sphere and Max starts working slowing everything down. With more complex objects my System was slowed down 70% (!!!).

I'm sure the key is this funky position controller domain limit but what can I use instead of this and how can I make things (nearly) as fast as they are with built-in objects?

Cheers "ko'gen".

PiXeL_MoNKeY
02-19-2007, 10:48 PM
The speed issue is related to the fact that you are having to execute multiple expressions instead of one for each calculation. Max 8+ have a limit controller that can be used as needed.

-Eric

kogen
02-20-2007, 06:31 AM
Thanks, but I don't really get it. If you work with 10 or more Max-Sliders everything stays smooth, too. Though there are also multiple operations at one calculation. (?)

Cheers "ko'gen".

CGTalk Moderation
02-20-2007, 06:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.