PDA

View Full Version : Wip

pequod
02-27-2003, 05:55 PM
Here's one of my 'evil doers' after a slight metamorphosis, rendered in v10g with raytraced penumbra shadows. The soft shadows exhibit banding, (look at the thigh) but that could be my inexperience with these new shadow options.
At one time he was covered in 'shag' so to speak. However the quality never quite justified the render times, not for animation anyhow.

Here's a link in case the image doesn't appear

http://www.hash.com/users/milos/almerez.jpg

JTalbotski
02-27-2003, 08:20 PM
Hi Stephen,

Looking good...er, uh, evil! How about a shot with all the characters together? I really like the style of the characters. Keep up the good work! I'd love to see more.

Jim

hoochoochoochoo
02-28-2003, 09:11 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Great model design - the visual style really works and you show good mastery of proportion.

What's your patch count like- out of interest?:D

3DArtZ
02-28-2003, 04:42 PM
Hey the model looks great!
I think the only chance I'd have in a fight with that creature would be to kick him in the Ankle!
Mike Fitz

pequod
02-28-2003, 09:53 PM
Patch count - 5094 (and rising)

Probably overkill, but here's some more pics of him, this time showing off his wireframe.

http://www.hash.com/users/milos/almerezwire.jpg

3DArtZ
02-28-2003, 10:06 PM
Splinage doesn't look too heavy to me. Looks well thought out so far.
Mike Fitz

amsmf
02-28-2003, 10:36 PM
I love him!! He looks like he'll animate really well. Have you rigged him yet? Also, is that fur on him? How does that affect your render times? Is it hair maps or just the ole fur material?

pequod
03-01-2003, 02:05 AM
He's fully rigged and rearing to rampage.:buttrock:
No fur I'm afraid, just velvety materials with some added roughness. However the edges between the dark purple and light cream fur have been applied with small decal strips of painted hair to fuzz these edges and simulate furriness.
If the shag plugin self-shaded and a few other things were improved, I'd put up with the extra render times.

amsmf
03-01-2003, 03:01 AM
Well you can't tell that it's a work around. Maybe someone should put together a tutorial of how you did it? (HINT HINT :rolleyes: )

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.