PDA

View Full Version : Dominance War II - Excessum

Syndicate
02-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Hi everyone this will be my entry to the Dominance War competition.
Excessum - Latin "Death"

I know the concept is nothing spectacular yet.. but I only spend 1.5 hours on the concept drawing so I couldnt include much.

The idea is there is a race who abused perfection and tried to live without pain or suffering by injecting the serum of a type of plant whos natural properties seemed to keep organic tissue from mutating and causing disease etc. Then as the atmosphere started to cloud with manufactured gasses the plants started to change their properties. Soon enough the serum was contaminated with some sort of biotoxin and amphetamine which seemed to give the patient pleasure to kill. The rest as they say is history as the contamination spread through the supply chain until the infected subjects began to evolve (possibly due to other genetic mutations caused by the serum).

Eventually the "Excessum" started to stabilise and the intelligent/partially infected cases rose above the madness to begin to control it... to a degree.

I hope to really bring out the organic side without having to go too gory etc as that wouldnt be very fitting for this competition :)

Inspired by Gigers work on Species and Aliens.

Anyway thanks for reading... And I apologise if my backstory /concept art isnt of high standard yet :D

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/5961/compilationforwebwf5.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2007, 10:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.