PDA

View Full Version : Painter 6 Problem

HBlaauw
03-28-2002, 06:34 PM
Hi Guys, sorry for posting this question here, but I'm sure you'll be able to help me.

I recently bought myself a 'monster' pc, Pentium 4 with over a gig RAM & 40 gigs harddrive space ect. I've been running painter 6 on my previous machine, but when I install it on the pentium 4 I get a 'not enough memory' error...?

Is this perhaps a p4 compatibility problem? There's tons of space and RAM on this pc, but any paint package I install comes up with the same error...

Should I buy painter 7?

Anyway, hope someone can help...

Thanks

Hennie

Cf!
03-29-2002, 05:10 AM
I get the same problem with painter classic on my dual AMD. It worked fine on my dual celeron system I was using.

Ed Lee
03-30-2002, 12:51 AM
I think it could be your OS that's giving you grief. You can go to Painter forum online and ask them and they'll help you.

I've Painter 7 and I highly recommend it.

www.edleeart.com

Jinbrown
03-30-2002, 06:28 PM
Hi Hennie,

I'm new here.. this is my first post.. but not new to Painter.

Painter 6 and earlier versions can't handle more than 512 MB of memory, unfortunately. I believe this problem has been fixed in Painter 7.

To get more information and a solution, if any, post your message to the following, including complete system specs and the Painter version you're using:

Painter list at Topica.com
http://www.topica.com/lists/painter-list/

Corel Painter Support Newsgroup
Add Server: cnews.corel.ca
Subscribe to: corel.graphic_apps.paiinter

alt.fractal-design.painter

If you're considering upgrading to Painter 7, it's worth the cost... lots of great new features, including a completely redesigned Water Color brush technology, new Liquid Ink brushes, Layers, Water Color Layers, Liquid Ink Layers, the Serigraphy Effect and Distress Effect, to name a few.

In your message to the other list and two newsgroups, be sure to ask for confirmation that the memory problem is fixed in Painter 7.. and ask if it's only fixed with the Painter 7 Update (patch).

Since I don't have the luxury of having a too-much-memory problem.. I can't verify all of this definitely.. but you'll get good answers if you post to all of the three locations.

Good luck! :)

HBlaauw
04-02-2002, 10:51 AM
Thanks guys! Thanks for all the advice...I'll probably get
painter 7.

Cheers

Hennie

floatingrunner
04-05-2002, 01:05 AM
eventhough it's late but just a tip from a friend

she says that usually the odd number painters are better
(ie: painter 1,3,5.5,...)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.