PDA

View Full Version : serious photoshop problem

dim5um
03-28-2002, 06:26 PM
hi everyone im using a 32 bit color system and in a 1024 by 768 size resolution screen im using photoshop 6 to paint stuff... but i encounter a serious problem... the colors that i paint when view on another screen or even when printed in commercial shops becomes damn black and dark even to the exten of not able to seeing the pictures

im painting in rgb.... i wanna ask is there anyone who can verify me with this problem... issit the fact that i must use web safe colors to paint? how do i get an international color system in my computer? is there a color system i can adjust to that every system has? and what about printing stuffs? is there anything i must avoid when painting??

Volker
03-28-2002, 11:00 PM
Are you printing in RGB or CYMK?
If CYMK, then I've heard it's always good to preview your image in CYMK before you print. I'd also check your color accuacy on your monitor, make sure brightness and contrast, etc. are correct.

~Zach

dim5um
03-29-2002, 04:29 AM
how do i know the brightness contrast of my monitor is correct?

im printing in cmyk.... and i think i did use rgb to print and the print shop uses cmyk

Jonny Bubonic
04-09-2002, 08:39 PM
Try running the Adobe Gamma calibration program that you install automatically when you install photoshop. Its a bit tricky to find, but on my machine it was in C:\Program Files\common files\Adobe\calibration\Adobe Gamma.cpl. It is a step-by-step wizard which helps ensure you're monitor is set to the correct brightness, gamma, contrast etc. Its not brilliant, but it should help.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.