PDA

View Full Version : How to start?

n3utrino
02-18-2007, 10:51 PM
Hello there!

First of all, sorry my english.

I've bought a cool wacom tablet and a the DUSSO-Introduction DVD from gnomon. I learned a lot from the dvd. But the content on this dvd is sill to hard for me.

I'm good in modeling and rendering, but i wanna focus now more on mattepaintings. It's different and thatswhy i have a lot of questions. But i will ask only three for now :-)

1. when do i use the pressure sensitive brush mode on my tablet and when do i use the normal mode?

2. what training-projects should i do to learn fast? I mean, should i start with painting a city from scratch or should i combine 2 images together? Or should i use 3d models with real images to practise my skills?

3. i heared about multiple vanishing points and how difficult it is. Are there any good tutorials out there for starters?

Thank you

JJASSO
02-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Hi welcome to this forums

well being a matte painter is up to each artist dedication and skills, I mean there's no single way to become a matte painter there are lots of different techniques you will have to try first and you will com up with yours at the end
first you need some knowledge /information before even start painting
, I mean you need some theory and you will come up with better ideas
go the the tutorials section inside this matte painting forum, look for linear perspective, aereal perspective, color theory, visual composition you will have to study and practice a lot before doing a matte painting after you learn this , start practicing inside photoshop, 3ds max or any software you're going to use
hope this helps

n3utrino
02-19-2007, 09:13 PM
Thank you for your comment. Well i think i just have to start learning by doing and find my own style and workflow. I like your images by the way

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2007, 09:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.