PDA

View Full Version : Background moves, object stays in place, How to make this effect?

tweaker
02-27-2003, 01:18 PM
Its a thing you see alot these days in movies and videoclips etc...

You'll see a person standing in front of the camera and the background seems to be zooming in and the person seems to be standing still.

The way I would do it is shoot a person on bluescreen en composit over an zooming background.

But is this te way to do it? :lightbulb

Let me know,

Tweaker

alexx
02-27-2003, 01:51 PM
you mean that hitchcok kinda shot?

you usually do that by zooming in while you move the camera back (or the other way around).
you have to do it in a fashion that the foreground element stays the same size.. that gives that result..
doing it in 2 layers will be way easier i guess but hitchcock did not have computers back then :)

cheers

alexx

tweaker
02-27-2003, 01:54 PM
Thanx!

And if hitchcok had computers his films would be as good as they ar now, I geuss :arteest:

_ubiquitous_
03-07-2003, 01:07 AM
The shot your referring to is called a "rack-focus", the camera dollys and zooms at the same time.

alexx
03-07-2003, 07:42 AM
thanx..

i am not a native speaker and missed that one :)

tweaker
03-07-2003, 08:59 AM
I've just did what you said in 3dsmax and it works dolly in and zoom out... or the other way around... it both works, different... but it works!

Thanx

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.