PDA

View Full Version : serious technical problem-needs help

dim5um
03-28-2002, 07:24 PM
hi everyone im using a 32 bit color system and in a 1024 by 768 size resolution screen im using photoshop 6 to paint stuff... but i encounter a serious problem... the colors that i paint when view on another screen or even when printed in commercial shops becomes damn black and dark even to the exten of not able to seeing the pictures

im painting in rgb.... i wanna ask is there anyone who can verify me with this problem... issit the fact that i must use web safe colors to paint? how do i get an international color system in my computer? is there a color system i can adjust to that every system has? and what about printing stuffs? is there anything i must avoid when painting??

Vinsoviet
03-28-2002, 08:53 PM
Try converting to CMYK before printing and see if that makes a difference. Is punishable by death around here to print in RGB.

puddlefish
04-03-2002, 02:03 AM
I'm afraid the sad truth is if you're painting for the screen, then there is no controlling the colour saturation levels or even brightness & contrast. A million different computers with a million different monitors will give a million different (most subtle, some, such as Mac to PC gamma, not so subtle).
If you're doing work on a Mac, make sure it's not too dark, as it will appear considerably darker on a PC (you can set your Mac screen to PC gamma to get an idea of the difference).

As regards printing, all printing should be done from CMYK. This may require some tweaking to colour levels after the conversion from RGB, as the black plate especially tends to fade alot.

Hope this helps (or confuses?)

dim5um
04-03-2002, 11:30 PM
yup thats a help to me
and i did finally get to know how to get a better real quality painting... i ve just asked one of my few lecturers and the tip i got was pretty good i would say...thanks for the comments =]

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.