PDA

View Full Version : Similar Font to ...

Sentenza
02-27-2003, 11:51 AM
I don't know if this is the right section to post this but I'll give it a try now.
We are running in some kind of problems right now. We really need to show our costumer some type and how it would fit together with his new designed corporate identiy inlcuding Logo etc.. We decide to use the following font:

Thesis (by Lucas de Groot) www.lucasfonts.com

But this thing is really expensive and we plan not to buy this when the costumer doesn't want it ... but however we have to show him some expamples of how it looks like "in action" ... So here is my question ... Does anyone here know a free font that looks similar to that? (just for the showing reasons) :-|
I already searched the INet for some "LookALike" Lists but right now i haven't found any which contains the Thesis font. :-( ... !
Thnx for EVERY LITTLE help ... :-)

singularity2006
02-27-2003, 05:34 PM
if ur patient, just design it by hand and scan. U most likely won't find anything similar to that font .... unless you want to be mischievous and acquire a copy of Adobe Font Folio 8.0 or 9.0.

kraal
02-27-2003, 05:46 PM
not to be rude but this seperates designers and artist....
the ability to pull out a sheet of tracing paper and a sketch pad is valuable if you plan to get designs aproved by cleits....classic drawing skills are never substituted for

singularity2006
02-27-2003, 06:14 PM
i could not agree more. I can't draw a stick figure if my life depended on it but I sure can point and click and get at least something somewhat decent looking going. ^.^ That's why I'm not going into design as a career.... I'd never makde it... :cry:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.