PDA

View Full Version : How do I draw something and put it on a plane?

kidRiot
02-17-2007, 08:40 PM
Im a total noob at 3D Max, but i did make my first render last night. Just followed a tutorial and it came out nice, and learned a lot.

But im trying this tutorial atm:

http://67.15.36.49/team/Tutorials/polgun/gunmodel.asp

It says first draw your gun, and put it on a plane. How do i do this? It looks like he pasted the picture of his gun on the front plane.

I want to do this, but not with a gun, with a symbol. I have the picture of the symbol i want to use, how do i put it on the plane.

Also another question:

http://www.3dtotal.com/ffa/tutorials/max/head_tutorial/head.asp

With the head tutorial, on step 2:

"You can do this by making the correct lines visible under mesh edit and turn them if needed. A easier method is to use a script called mesh tools (Very much recommended) to join the points up to make the polygons"

How do i do this?

peepshow
03-11-2007, 09:24 PM
its pretty simple...just select the image u want as a bitmap material in the materials editor and apply it to the plane.

formerself
03-12-2007, 05:58 AM
im just starting out too, however i have gotten this down. after you draw your symbol or gun in photoshop or whatever your using save it and open 3dstudio. make the plane on the appropriate axis and then open the materials editer. select one of the gray spheres and then look down to where it says diffuse. theres a little grey box next to it that you can click. click it and another menu thing will come up and at the top of it is bitmap. double click bitmap and then select your picture you saved. now you can drag your new material onto your plane. also make sure to click teh button on the very first row that looks like a blue and white cube. when you put your mouse over it its called "show map in viewport"

CGTalk Moderation
03-12-2007, 05:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.