PDA

View Full Version : Keeping the forum professional?

Ilya
02-27-2003, 09:24 AM
HOW THE **** CAN YOU TELL THAT I'M 13 BY LOOKING AT WHAT I'M WRITEING???????????????

To read messages like this is fun, when they are posted on the game forums for kids. My concern is that I see more and more of similar phrases on CGTalk. That isn't good at all.

My bigger concern here is that "13-year-olds" at CGTalk are able to find all those links to professional specialized forums that were hidden from them.

Hope you'll address this problem, or at least that the forum disease doesn't spread all over the network.

SheepFactory
02-27-2003, 06:06 PM
Please do report the post to a moderator when you come across such messages.

Signal2Noise
03-01-2003, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by Ilya
To read messages like this is fun, when they are posted on the game forums for kids. My concern is that I see more and more of similar phrases on CGTalk. That isn't good at all.

I agree about the posts from kids (and immature people in general) have no place in CgTalk. Best thing to do is just ignore them, don't reply, and try not dwell on it. It's not worth the frustration.

My bigger concern here is that "13-year-olds" at CGTalk are able to find all those links to professional specialized forums that were hidden from them.

What exactly is your concern about "13-year-olds" accessing links on professional forums? I think it's great that young people can get into the CG world so early in their lives. They have huge opportunities in the future. We old fogies are only scratching the surface of CG potential. Unless you're worried some punk-assed kid is going to steal your job?

;)

Martin-K-
03-01-2003, 07:56 PM
i wouldnt worry about just kids. theres been a few talented that showed up. its the immature pricks that im not a fan of personally.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.